Tarantulas & automobiles

Kaitlinmariec

Arachnopeon
Hello all! I have a few interesting questions regarding my t - Charlyne.
The house I am living at is due to be sprayed for mice pretty soon. The exterminator mentioned that if we had any pets we should remove them. Basically I am wondering if it would be safe to place her in her enclosure in my car parked out front - Its getting hotter in my area. Im worried that she’ll overheat or something. Should rolling the windows down help, or should I try to find elsewhere to put her? Im trying to avoid travelingn elsewhere with her in my car, but I also dont want her to die off in my hot car. HELP

The Seraph

Arachnolord
The house I am living at is due to be sprayed for mice pretty soon. The exterminator mentioned that if we had any pets we should remove them. Basically I am wondering if it would be safe to place her in her enclosure in my car parked out front - Its getting hotter in my area. Im worried that she’ll overheat or something. Should rolling the windows down help, or should I try to find elsewhere to put her? Im trying to avoid travelingn elsewhere with her in my car, but I also dont want her to die off in my hot car. HELP
I would rent a hotel room and go there. I would not risk leaving them out in 100 degrees plus.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
If it were my tarantula, I'd probably take her somewhere for a few days that's away from the house. If that's not an option, I would definitely not leave her in the car, the greenhouse effect is horrendous at this time of year, even in 22C or 71F, and by June it's already much hotter. Now, here's something I saw on a now defunct tarantula forum years ago: Tarantulas need very little air as they are passive "breathers". So it's been said that you can take trash bags and use tape to put the tarantula enclosure inside for two days. The people said that other people do this without any harm whatsoever to the tarantula. I'm not sure how long the mouse killing chemicals stay in the vicinity of the tarantula though. Maybe someone here has used this method and can speak more about it. I took my Ts to a friend who also has Ts when my house had to be sprayed for bedbugs.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You do not spray for mice... are you talking about fumigating? In some cases, pets are recommended to be kept away for several days...

Don't leave her in your vehicle... our temps are WAY too hot (you are in the next county over!). Can you take her to a friend's house for a few days?

Kaitlinmariec

Arachnopeon
I would rent a hotel room and go there. I would not risk leaving them out in 100 degrees plus.
Unfortunately, renting a hotel room for my T isn’t going to be doable... I got my hands on a togo case so Im packing her up and taking her to a friends house. Thanks anyways..

Kaitlinmariec

Arachnopeon
You do not spray for mice... are you talking about fumigating? In some cases, pets are recommended to be kept away for several days...

Don't leave her in your vehicle... our temps are WAY too hot (you are in the next county over!). Can you take her to a friend's house for a few days?
My house is being sprayed, fumigated the whole 9. (our house is old and needs to have this done.) Im taking my leggy lady over to friends house. Thanks!

Serafeimink

Arachnopeon

If he lives that close maybe you could help a fellow arachnid lover out and have a meet and greet at the same time. lol at least that way his T's are going somewhere that knows how to care for them

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If he lives that close maybe you could help a fellow arachnid lover out and have a meet and greet at the same time. lol at least that way his T's are going somewhere that knows how to care for them
I'd be happy to help. It sounds like they have a solution already, but if they need an alternate for any reason they are welcome to contact me :)

Serafeimink

Arachnopeon
I'd be happy to help. It sounds like they have a solution already, but if they need an alternate for any reason they are welcome to contact me :)
Yay me for making connections! Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match! :( I miss Robin Williams

Serafeimink

Arachnopeon
Meeee toooo :arghh:
We were just talking about that the other day with my family. Basically we think the new alladin isn’t going to be anywhere on the level the cartoon was because of him. Unless will smith plays his goofy fresh prince type of character.

I think Kevin Hart could have been a hilarious geanie

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
We were just talking about that the other day with my family. Basically we think the new alladin isn’t going to be anywhere on the level the cartoon was because of him. Unless will smith plays his goofy fresh prince type of character.

I think Kevin Hart could have been a hilarious geanie
I only watch tv by accident (if I am at family's house and they put on something that catches my interest), but I will actively NOT be watching the new Aladdin, just like I would NOT watch the new Jumanji.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

In the car...kills the T, ie BAD idea.