1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Tarantulas and Other Arachnids - Marshall, S

Discussion in 'Book and Magazine Reviews' started by MrDeranged, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Advertisement
    Positive side:
    the book is ideal for the begginers who would like to get into the hobby or even the intermediate hobbist who left out some important info...
    the simplicity of his narration and the way he makes the reader understand tarantulas is astounding...

Negative side:
    there is much to improve on the part of sexing tarantulas and the mating part: they lacked pictures. the reader is usually left looking into space or reading the part overe and over again because it is hard to imagime the anatomy he described especially if one has not yet seen how a spermathicae or whatever looks like...
    species account is flat. after describing the species, there should be a short section on (1)their max size, (2)their life span and (3)how long it takes for them to mature;

2. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Arachnopeon

Just got my book 3 weeks ago for 35.90 Malaysian Ringgits, roughly the value of 2 grammostola rosea or half the price of the Schultz's TKG.

A comprehensive beginner guide and easy understanding even I learn English as my third language. And it has Avicularia versicolor, my favourite as the cover of the book.

3. Mr.Scorpion

Mr.Scorpion Arachnobaron Old Timer

POSITIVE

I picked p this book yesterday, really in depth, I learned alot of things I never knew i just 4 pages. Also has excellent photos and is up to date.

4. Flying

Flying Arachnoknight Old Timer

Positive

My first T book and it's probably one of the best. Very informative, learned lots of new things.

(Just ordered TKG)

5. Loved it.

It is great in pictures and in information. I would highly reccomend it to any beginner or advanced keeper. I really appreciated that he told you the sack averages for many of the spiders, I haven't been able to find that info on most care sheets. By far my favorite book of all time.
    TBH

6. Shrike

Shrike Arachnoprince Old Timer

I bought this book when I got my T (a female G. rosea) and have enjoyed reading it multiple times. Great book! I really appreciate the excellent photos of different species. I'm always flipping through that section of the book trying to decide which T I want to get next. I also read "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide." I thought it was a great read, but wished it had more photography.

7. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Arachnobaron

A fantastic book! This book helped me a lot when I was starting out.
    Basic things you need to know are clearly illustrated and explained. Two thumbs up!

8. PK952

PK952 Arachnopeon

Kansas
    Its a simple book, not too technical. The photos are good and you really cant beat the price. All in all, I would recommend this book.

9. PsychedelicTs

PsychedelicTs Arachnosquire

POSITIVE

This was my second tarantula related book. While not as informative as The Tarantula keepers Guide I still enjoyed it. It makes a great addition to any tarantula keepers book collection, IMO.

10. Good Book

It's ten years old and it's still one of the best T books out there.

11. Nice book. Very. Good information. Would recommend it.