1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Tarantulas and Other Arachnids - Marshall, S

Discussion in 'Book and Magazine Reviews' started by Admin, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Admin

Admin Guest

Advertisement
    Positive

This review is courtesy of R.G. Breene and the ATS at www.atshq.org

This is the best short version, inexpensive book for enthusiasts on tarantulas and other arachnids written by a professional arachnologist with a deep understanding of the needs of enthusiasts.

2. Immortal_Sin

Immortal_Sin Guest

Positive

This is probably the best, or second best book on Tarantulas, with a nice section on other arachnids. This book is a MUST HAVE for anyone that has tarantulas, or is thinking about getting one.
    Good information, and good pictures too....
    I would highly recommend this book

3. Mendi

Mendi Guest

Positive

This is another very good book that every tarantuila person needs to have in their collection. Lots of nice pictures too

4. Anonymity82

Anonymity82 Arachnoprince

Mostly positive.

Although there's a lot of good information in this book, some of it has been improved, changed, corrected and/or discarded. While it's pretty good to have on the shelf I recommend getting a more up to date book for a first tarantula book.

There's a seemingly good section on breeding (I say seemingly because I have yet to breed... myself or tarantulas) and the section on common tarantulas is pretty interesting as well. Many nice pictures. Of course the book is over a decade old so there have been some name changes as well.

I do recommend this book but suggest a more up to date book first.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012