Tarantulas and loud noise

Liam De Wilde

Arachnopeon
My room is about 4 metres x 4 metres, my tv and tarantula are on opposite sides of the room. I never put my tv volume any louder than twenty, is that okay? Also my computer desk is just outside my room, where I watch YouTube and play games and sometimes my friend comes over and we play together and we get really loud, laughing and things like that, is that okay?

Devin B

Arachnobaron
My T's are somewhat near my tv in the living room. Its been like this for over a year and a half and most of the time they are out, they all eat well, and are doing well. I think you have nothing to worry about.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
I have two kids, two dogs, four cats and have completely demo-ed and re-modeled the bedroom adjacent to my spider room, and they have never seemed bothered by it.

Just make sure they have propperly set up enclosures where they can feel secure and you will be fine.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I had a major renovation in my house a few months ago, and by major I mean the entire first floor of my house. Demolition, construction, all kinds of tools, and all my Ts were fine. They kept eating, they came out during the night and sometimes the day and even my centipede wasn't bothered. She even laid me a clutch of eggs not too long afterwards. Point is that I think Ts are able to tolerate much more noise and vibration than we give them credit for. Perhaps they need a little bit of an acclimation period similar to when they're moved into a new enclosure but at the end of the day your spider will (most likely) live.

Liam De Wilde

Arachnopeon
I have two kids, two dogs, four cats and have completely demo-ed and re-modeled the bedroom adjacent to my spider room, and they have never seemed bothered by it.

Just make sure they have propperly set up enclosures where they can feel secure and you will be fine.
Thanks

I had a major renovation in my house a few months ago, and by major I mean the entire first floor of my house. Demolition, construction, all kinds of tools, and all my Ts were fine. They kept eating, they came out during the night and sometimes the day and even my centipede wasn't bothered. She even laid me a clutch of eggs not too long afterwards. Point is that I think Ts are able to tolerate much more noise and vibration than we give them credit for. Perhaps they need a little bit of an acclimation period similar to when they're moved into a new enclosure but at the end of the day your spider will (most likely) live.
Everybody on this forum is so honestly so helpful, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Liam De Wilde

Arachnopeon
Do you really think a soul on the planet knows how loud your TV is based on the above?:rolleyes:o_O:confused:
wouldn't most tvs be just about the same level of sound when the volume is twenty? i obviously know they wouldn't all be exactly as loud as each other..

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
My room is about 4 metres x 4 metres, my tv and tarantula are on opposite sides of the room. I never put my tv volume any louder than twenty, is that okay? Also my computer desk is just outside my room, where I watch YouTube and play games and sometimes my friend comes over and we play together and we get really loud, laughing and things like that, is that okay?
T's talking, you should be fine. As far your (hypothethical) neighbours level of tolerance, I can't help :pompous:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
wouldn't most tvs be just about the same level of sound when the volume is twenty? i obviously know they wouldn't all be exactly as loud as each other..
No, it’s a very, very poor assumption.

Please read the terms of service of this forum, we don’t allow cursing on here.

We have children who use this forum.