Tarantulas and Dating

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Pet stores don’t sell Ts or scorpions near me. Only Ts in special order so it’s cheaper to buy on here always. I probably can’t get more Ts til I move out . My parents hate my spiders and say I need to sell em to not be single. Rather then blaming anxiety and nervousness. I’m not aloud to do much as you can see. I’m under authoritarian rule ha ha:grumpy: I originally had 1 , 2 then 12-14 Ts . So I still have a lot more then 12.
My parents are almost always home so even when I can find a another job I could only sneak in Ts. So not get a any more for a while probably.
people who say that have no idea what they're talking about.

I've been single for a very long time and it has nothing to do with my hobby since I don't even talk about it outside of my small Inner Circle or on here.

No, I'm single because people just suck. You'll find out.

While Craigslist is not the ideal place for any animal, there are many that are in a situation where if it weren't for Craigslist they would just be flushed or something. For all of the evils of it, Craigslist does offer some specimens a reprieve if they happen to be spotted by the right person

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Truthfully, it probably will whittle down the potential number of mates out there some. But, if you find someone who loves animals and he/she is able to get used to them and appreciate them, it's great. There are people out there who will buy Ts for your birthday.
Not many. But I don't talk about them anymore so.

Tearsacid

Arachnopeon
My parents hate my spiders and say I need to sell em to not be single. Rather then blaming anxiety and nervousness.
Buddy, I have around 60 Ts, multiple reptiles, !00s of plants(& I mean nerdy plants... like the ones you have shelves, fancy lights, terrariums for), multiple tubs of cockroaches & worms..... If I can get a gf then ANYONE can. ;)

Assume that 99% of gals(or any1) you meet will not be okay with spiders & "creepy crawlies" lying around. You may be passionate about them but theres no reason to make it known how passionate you are on a 1st date with a 30 minute monologue about the bugs you share a room with & details about them. Lol

Work on yourself & your happiness. The right people will find their way into your life & be drawn to you in the most random places or while making casual friends.
Don't worry over it or anyone elses timeline on when you should have a gf or be married. When you do find yourself on a date (or even hangout with a female friend) show interest in her & let her get a chance to really get to know YOU before having to look past the spiders. When someone likes you for who you are they will have no problem accepting your hobbies & anything else that comes with you. The 1st time you bring it up should be on the lines of "I'm an animal person" casually & thats it unless they ask. :alien

buzz182

Arachnosquire
Usually it only becomes an issue on dates when they mention how they happy squish my T's, they don't usually like it when when I mention I'd do likewise to their cat, dog or fluffy bunny ;);).

tewebag

Arachnoknight
I've had a few girls tell me it is a deal breaker...
Oh you actually like me?! And you want to to come over...well just so you know I have an entire room full of tarantulas so don't frea..where are you going? :dead:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Key to success: 'dating' (please note the ' ') only old as heck rich womens, they are very but very hard to find but if you can, it's a gold mine, a Bingo, 'you' founded a pure oil field: don't worry, they don't care about T's, they barely remember their names.
Just be careful about hypothetical sons/daughters etc: they need to be in bad relationship with those :angelic:

And more important, no sex or other :vomit: is involved, uh, basically they only wants someone near: easy business :pompous:

Then, when you are absolutely 101% sure about the road taken by $$$ a loud scream in the night:
'Help, help me! Little granny fell off the stairs!'

:troll:

Last edited:

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
I'm a pretty weird duck and I have always have managed to find people who are even weirder than I am to date. Plus I look like Garth so that helps a lot. Dudes seem to dig that. :happy::happy::rofl:

But seriously, I've been married for a long time. I can't imagine dealing with dating now. It makes me tired just thinking about it. So my heart goes out to all of you. Dating is tough.

Maybe don't tell dating prospects about the tarantulas for a while. Let them get to know you a bit first. People are horrendously judgemental about our eight legged friends!

Vinny2915

Arachnosquire
Buddy, go to wal mart on a Monday morning and you will see the most heinous people on this planet and they have partners. That should be enough evidence to you that you will be fine in the world of dating. Just shower everyday, stay clean, eat well, stay hydrated and you're good to go, just make sure you're not a "minute man" because that might be an actual issue.

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
Hang out in pet stores that sell T's, keep an eye out for females (or whatever you're into) that look at them with interest. Easy peasy :cigar:

Alternatively, set up one of them there dating apps and have your first few pictures be of your spiders. That way you know anyone that talks to you is well aware and un-bothered by them, so there's less time wasted. (those apps in general are a waste of time if you're actually looking for a relationship though, it's all hoes and people on rebound)

I don't think I could even be attracted to a man that's squeamish around spiders. It's a 'primal turn-off', if you will. If you're afraid of something you could kill with extremely minimal effort, what in gods name will you be able to protect me from?

just make sure you're not a "minute man" because that will be an actual issue.
^^^Fixed that for you ;)

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Hang out in pet stores that sell T's, keep an eye out for females (or whatever you're into) that look at them with interest. Easy peasy :cigar:
I've been called creepy enough times to not try this and be known as "that guy who hits on every girl that goes to look at the spiders".

Alternatively, set up one of them there dating apps and have your first few pictures be of your spiders.
Tried this, I would warn any guy that is shy/has self confidence issues to avoid these apps like the plague, you'll feel worse than you already do.

BarksandFarts

Arachnopeon
Lol my girl is actually pretty supportive of my T keeping....... IMO, if they arent supportive of ur hobbies and what u like, then they’re not worth keeping around.

Alternatively, set up one of them there dating apps and have your first few pictures be of your spiders. That way you know anyone that talks to you is well aware and un-bothered by them, so there's less time wasted. (those apps in general are a waste of time if you're actually looking for a relationship though, it's all hoes and people on rebound)
HAHA I met my now girlfriend on tinder 6 months and going strong although i am by no means the norm

Last edited by a moderator:

boina

Lady of the mites
I don't understand this thread. I'm a girl (woman, actually), there are plenty of women around on AB, I meet quite a few women at expos - many girls love spiders!

Actually, I'm pretty open about my spiders and found that many people are more fascinated than repulsed. I'm a weird nerd anyway, I can as well round out the picture and be a weird nerd with spiders.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'm not single because of my pets.

I'm single because I don't enjoy human company.

I can't imagine being sat on the settee with a woman watching tv/films 7 days a week now. Waking up to one 7 days a week. "*sigh you again!!!!!".

After 2 days I'd just look at them and wish they slipped in the shower or fell down the stairs. After 5 days they would "fall" down the stairs. Probably quite a few times.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'm single because I don't enjoy human company.
Isn't that bad, I have to say, my man :)

Lately I reach my (secret) basement pretty often, talking to 'those that live under the quicklime', and, altough I never ask forgiveness for my nihilistic overdrives (especially when the little Chris LXXIX with fake glasses and that pointed fake red nose manage to take the upper hand) a sense of new renewed peace nurture me :kiss:

:pompous:

BarksandFarts

Arachnopeon
I don't understand this thread. I'm a girl (woman, actually), there are plenty of women around on AB, I meet quite a few women at expos - many girls love spiders!

Actually, I'm pretty open about my spiders and found that many people are more fascinated than repulsed. I'm a weird nerd anyway, I can as well round out the picture and be a weird nerd with spiders.
It seems to be a ratio thing where keeping exotics seems to be a male dominated thing (as MCP as that sounds) and this is often the norm when it comes to other traditionally male dominated hobbies like shooting or even american football. Others like ultimate frisbee tend to have a more even distribution? Just my 2 cents