Advertisement That does sound like an allergic reaction on some level, not the greatest - obviously. But in terms of if you were to take a pokie bite, true spider venom and tarantula venom are very different in composition. You wouldn't be allergic to a pokie, but you may well be allergic to another true spider that shares the same compounds in their venom that you're allergic too - from the true spider you were bitten by. Such as, if you become allergic to cobra venom, you're quite likely to also be allergic to a large group of elapids that contain 3 finger toxins. How does T venom stack up compared to true spiders? There's too much a disparity between invidivauls to say. Some true spiders are totally harmless and some are reasonably dangerous (not many people die from even very toxic true spiders these days). But T's are not life threatening, unless in very very very acute circumstances. So if you're worried about being possibly allergic to a pokie after your experience with a true spider - you don't need to be. Unless of course you get bitten multiple times by a pokie - but even then it's a long shot due to the reasons listed in my original post.