1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tarantula V Fish Similarities?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by HaveYouEverYeetedAPie, Jan 12, 2019 at 7:38 AM.

1. HaveYouEverYeetedAPie

HaveYouEverYeetedAPie Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    Do tarantulas stop eating when they’re not hungry? My A. Seemani found a way into my ‘Worm Bucket’ and are 6 of them. He was a little skinny and the worms were small. Would a T keep eating until it dies? Like a fishy?

2. antinous

antinous Pamphoprince Arachnosupporter

They wouldn’t eat until they’d die, some individuals will eat until they are ‘morbidly obese’ which is dangerous as their abdomen skin is stretched very thin and it would be easy for it to rupture if the tarantula fell/got scratched.

3. HaveYouEverYeetedAPie

Thanks

4. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoking Active Member

Yes.
    How does that happen?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HaveYouEverYeetedAPie

I forgot to close the lid properly and the T just kinda... had a buffet of Worms

6. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Your T left its cage?

7. HaveYouEverYeetedAPie

Climbed right out. He must’ve use a leg or two to hold the lid while he climbed out.

8. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Hope you're more diligent in the future.

9. EtienneN

EtienneN Arachnosquire Active Member

Sounds like the pony at my barn who got out of his stall and into the feed bin! Take care to make sure your spiders stay inside their homes and don’t get out to enjoy some late night snacks. Use cage clips or make sure the lid is secured on the KK style enclosures.

10. HaveYouEverYeetedAPie

I shut the lid and put 3 crunchy bars on it XD

• Like Like x 1
  11. CJJon

CJJon Arachnosquire Active Member

Fish won't eat and eat until they die. They will stuff themselves full, but they will then stop eating usually to no ill effect.

• Winner Winner x 1