Tarantula Trust

BrachyDude

Arachnopeon
Lets just say theres no such thing. I officially have the MOST aggressive C. fasiatum, when just a couple days ago was the definition of angelic tarantula. She reared up into a threat posture the minute I opened up her enclosure. Then, remembering how docile this tarantula normally was (never even kicked U-hairs at me) I proceded to stick my hand in the cage to grap the water dish. With lightening speed, the damn thing shot towards my hand from about a foot away. I ripped my hand out of there with insane speed, and avoided getting tagged :eek: .

So I put her away and proceed onto the A. seemani.... Same thing.... This bugger was one of my first Ts and was normally crazy docile. But here it was striking left and right.

So now here I am, freaked to even attempt to handle these guys again after this little episode. I know that you guys are gonna say that I shouldnt be handling them anyways, but to me, its part of the hobby.

I wonder if those OBT's that I got from Ryan have rubbed off a little bit on these guys :rolleyes: .

Enjoi,
Alex

PsychoSpider

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thats very interesting. Sometimes tarantulas have their days just like humans

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm one of those crazy T holders and I notice that when I am not in a good mood or spaced-out (who, me?) my Ts pick up on it immediately if not sooner. If I'm in a place of, he he he I can do anything with my Ts, they love me, then they really know it. I always act with peacefulness and most of all with respect. Then I seem to have no problems.

misfit762

Arachnopeon
I hav a A. paysoni that was just as docile as could be. Till she escaped and I re-captured her and now she tries to tag me every change she gets!

Weird isn't it!

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I hav a A. paysoni that was just as docile as could be. Till she escaped and I re-captured her and now she tries to tag me every change she gets!

Weird isn't it!
Ahhhh the taste of FREEDOOOOMMMM,

jrmrbcax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My GBB is very nice. When I touch it it doesn't run or anything. I guess he likes me lol

wsimms

Arachnodaddy
Old Timer
I've noticed my T. blondi, who is usually literally as gentle as a kitten, will not tolerate me when the barometric pressure is dropping. She is an excellent forecaster of thunderstorms. Maybe that's what is happening with yours.:?

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hmmm... Can Ts get accustomed to the frequent human activity in their tanks (e.g. cleaning the substrate, refilling the water dish, cleaning the sides of the enclosure, prodding, etc)?

Similarly, I noticed that my most behaved Ts have showed some defensive aggression after I left them alone for a week and a half. However, after my daily intervention in their T lives, they again behaved as though they were tamed.

Nice thread, I can relate.

BrachyDude

Arachnopeon
My C fasiatum has calmed down quite a bit. And it was storming when this episode origionally happened... Who knows?

I think temps and humidity could be a major factor too. My Ts are easier to work with when they are kept in the 70s then when they are in the 80s.

Alex