Tarantula stressed! Help!

Svetlana14

Arachnopeon
So I recently confiscated my friend's tarantula because she wasn't taking care of it and refused to do anything when I told her it was severely stressed out. She doesn't know what kind or sex, I believe it's an Aphonopelma female, not sure of the species. It's about 3", it's hard to tell for sure because I have never seen it I any position besides the stress curl. She was keeping it in a large kritter keeper with about 2" of coconut fiber and a very large hide and water dish. The room she was keeping it in was extremely cold and people were constantly stomping by the room. It hasn't been eating either. I have since added more substrate, put in a smaller hide and water dish, and placed it in my room with my tarantulas where I have a space heater. My question is if there is anything else I can do to help this poor spider. I'm concerned for its well being, as it still has not come out of the stress curl and it's been about a week.

Svetlana14

Arachnopeon
Post pics of it and the set up please.
I will as soon as I get home! I was in a rush and didn't have time to take pics before I left. I was hoping maybe someone could give me some ideas without pics in case I need to stop somewhere to pick anything up on the way home in the morning.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I will as soon as I get home! I was in a rush and didn't have time to take pics before I left. I was hoping maybe someone could give me some ideas without pics in case I need to stop somewhere to pick anything up on the way home in the morning.
Nope. Pics are needed. Stress curls are a normal part of being rehoused. It's not a huge deal. Pics will tell if anything needs to be changed.

All that's required is a hide, water dish, and substrate.

It could be a MM, and just dying.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Sounds like you have done everything that you can so far for the spider. I agree about posting pictures just to get a better idea of what you have, but there isn't much else you can really do at this time.

Svetlana14

Arachnopeon
I finally got a couple pictures . She's in her hide for the first time that I've ever seen. Also I want to mention the substrate is dry, the light just kinda makes it look wet. IMG_20171111_134512.jpg IMG_20171111_134533.jpg

BC1579

Arachnobaron
Looks like you're on it. I think it's probably a good sign that the T is taking advantage of the improved home and hide.

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
Yeah they can stress curl for a good while too. Be patient and things should improve, you've done all you can :)