Tarantula Rehousing Thread

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
I noticed we haven't had a rehousing thread so I thought it would be a nice idea to start one. So let's see your tarantulas' new homes or even just say what tarantulas you recently rehoused.

I'll start.
This week I rehoused my A. avic and C. versicolor.
First my avic was transferred from this fixed Petco Tarantula Hut
and got upgraded to this gallon container where it should be comfortable for the rest of it's life.
Since the Tarantula Hut was then empty, I fixed it up and transferred my versicolor sling into it, from this
to this
Everyone should be happy with the added room to stretch and web now.:happy:

Last edited by a moderator:

TRection

Arachnoknight
I rehoused my A.Genic a few days ago from a 5 gallon tank to a 10 gallon more permanent tank that i added vets and an acrylic lid to :)

20170724_170603.jpeg

Stig

Arachnopeon
With what did you cut those holes in the glas?
looks realy good, the new habitat.

Regards

Stig

Arachnopeon
Probably a diamond hole saw. Just go slow, and keep the surface wet/lubed so it doesn't overheat.
Thanks, I will look into that, as used fish tanks comes in dirt cheap and I only plan to use fish tanks with T's on dry substrate :)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
IMG_20170905_161902272.jpg
Irminia lifetime cage.
IMG_20170903_023042001.jpg
One of the first I had to just wait out in a while.. lol
IMG_20170905_160450614.jpg
Poecilotheria ornata rehouse.
IMG_20170903_140420_895.jpg

IMG_20170902_193304_401.jpg
P rufilata cage redo. Actually needs a bigger one.. bonus points if you can spot her. :)

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
is....is that wilson in the corner?
Yeah. A while ago in a thread about ping pong balls and tarantulas, someone mentioned Wilson, so I felt the need to make him and keep it in there as her buddy... which she will shove in a back corner and ignore...

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
Yeah. A while ago in a thread about ping pong balls and tarantulas, someone mentioned Wilson, so I felt the need to make him and keep it in there as her buddy... which she will shove in a back corner and ignore...
very nice.
i was just so shocked to see that out of nowhere haha.

You can find some great stuff in the woods :)
very true! just ironic that for a spiders who's natural habitat is Literally thousands of miles away, yet still finding something here that fits so well with her colors and patterns. very well put together enclosure.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Well,there has been who molted,who ate,who mated,what did you get lately threads.
So...who got rehoused? How did it go?
To start,my biggest M.mesomelas.I had to literally push her out of the old enclosure,and
she held onto to the waterdish the whole way!No hair,threat posture,just hell no,i aint
going.

Attachments

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
Well,there has been who molted,who ate,who mated,what did you get lately threads.
So...who got rehoused? How did it go?
To start,my biggest M.mesomelas.I had to literally push her out of the old enclosure,and
she held onto to the waterdish the whole way!No hair,threat posture,just hell no,i aint
going.
I tried to make a rehousing thread before but I couldn’t get it to really take off.
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/rehousing-thread.296478/
I forgot to include how the process went, which is a good idea.

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
Thinking of rehousing my 1.5 inch Poecilotheria metallica sling but I need a bit of advice first.
I'm hoping to put it in a 6 inch diameter, 7 inch tall container but I'm worried it might be a bit large in comparison to the sling.
Does anyone think this container is too large for it or if it will be fine?

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
Update: P. metallica has been rehoused.
Got a quick picture it hides.
The full enclosure. (spider is on the bark to the left)
and here it is in its hiding spot.