Tarantula questions

dillon1

Arachnopeon
I have a cobalt blue tarantula and a guyana pinktoe tarantula and I am looking to get a lot more and I live in the Dallas area. Does anybody know a good pet store or reliable breeders that are in the Dallas area that sell spiderlings and or 1 to 2" tarantulas? Also I am currently trying different humidity options such as misting however now I am trying covering most of the top of the cage with seran wrap with holes all over it to maintain the correct humidity levels with seldom misting for both cages. I am trying to avoid misting so I can refrain from having water-logged soil and prevent the build up of mold and bacteria. I have been constantly changing the substrate to give my tarantulas the best care that I can possibly provide. Any suggestions??

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I understand about seran wrap on the terrariums, I would suggest avoiding that for two reasons.
Your cobalt blue probably does not require high humidity and for the pink toe you need good ventilation. the seran wrap may jeopardize this so maybe a different type of enclosure ?

dillon1

Arachnopeon
Skar

My cobalt blue requires high humidity and the terrariums I have my tarantulas in now seem to be working fine. I have read on numerous pages that the cobalts require high humidity because it is a tropical tarantula. As for the seran wrap and ventilation for the cobalt the entire lid is covered and I poked a lot of holes in the seran wrap. For the pinktoe I did the same , but I left a little sliver of it open. This has been keeping the humidity high for both of them.any suggestions on a good tarantula dealer in the dallas area?

Thanks

SnowMonkey

Arachnopeon
“Constantly changing the substrate”? That’s weird. It has to bug the Ts. They don’t need it as humid as you think, either. Dallas isn’t that dry. They’re not jungle animals. They do fine drier and with a water dish.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
STOP. You are going to kill that avic get the wrap off and stop trying to chase humidity it is entirely irrelevant to Ts. When it is mentioned that a T likes high humidity it generally only means damp substrate. Avics do not need high humidity they need good ventilation there are good threads on here for avic care you should read