1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tarantula question

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by PeanutTheTarantula, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

Advertisement
    Old good Vlad Tepes style :kiss:

2. Karlisen

Karlisen Arachnopeon

Sweden
    Not exactly :joyful: Vlad the impaler put his victims on spikes this tarantula did it himself:(

3. Trenor

Trenor Arachnoprince Active Member

NC
    The person that actually had access to the T and took the photo explained where they came from.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. scott308

scott308 Arachnosquire

It doesn't look to me like the chips are impaling the spider. It looks like they are just lying on top.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Trenor

NC
    Right, there are no drops of hemolymph or wet spots you would have from an abdomen rupture. They are laying odd because they are on hair.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Trenor

NC
    @Karlisen Reading back over all that I realized how rude it sounded. I apologize.

The OP did post that the wood chips didn't impale the abdomen and there are no wet spots of fluid you would have from a ruptured abdomen. The chips are just laying there in the Ts abdomen hair. So, I don't think that a ruptured or impaled abdomen was this Ts issue.

• Like Like x 2
  7. GingerC

GingerC Arachnosquire Active Member

It's unfortunate that people are so scathing here. It's one thing to say that the substrate is wrong, and quite another to claim the OP is ignorant, hasn't done any research, killed their tarantula, and also literally accuse them of trolling... on top of them losing their beloved pet. It's really not hard to be constructive without being offensive, guys. Sometimes I feel like this forum is composed primarily of twelve year olds. In a bad way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoking Active Member

this has been a tame informative thread. suspecting a troll isnt a terrible thing, besides, its happened plenty of times before.
    sorry no one sugarcoats their messages and rates all the posts with hearts. seriously, its the internet. not to mention its an online forum, kind of hard to sound sad for the OP through words on a screen.
    man, bunch of pretty smart 12 year old's here. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Lokee85

Lokee85 Arachnopeon

The do indeed enforce this. Mine and my husband's accounts got restricted until we cleared up that we were two people and not one person with two accounts, so I don't think trolling/joking in this manner would work.

I'm so sorry, I know how hard it is to have a long time pet (possibly) nearing the end. She's not a T, but my dog is going on 12 years, and I've had her literally since day one. She's going blind, deaf, and has arthritis in her back, so I don't think she has too many years left. I feel your pain on losing a long time 'friend'. :(
    Has anything changed in her condition? Hopefully it's just premolt...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. PeanutTheTarantula

PeanutTheTarantula Arachnopeon

Ontario
    No the wood chip is on top of her. When i moved the log to get the picture some of the chips landed on her. I brushed them all off after the picture.

11. PeanutTheTarantula

PeanutTheTarantula Arachnopeon

Ontario
    So my beautiful tarantula has passed on. Thank you everyone for this informative conversation. Im going to do some research on other types of tarantula before I decide to get another. I want to be more informed this time. I love that I have access to so many people with the same pet interests this time around.
    Thank you everyone who reached out about loosing my pet it was a wondeful almost 18 years.

• Sad Sad x 6
    • Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Trenor

NC
    Sorry about your T. I'm always glad to help with any questions.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoprince Active Member

So sorry for your loss. :(
    The stickies in this subforum have a lot of info for new T keepers/people getting back in the hobby. EulersK has a good series of info on T's on YouTube, it is called AraneAid. It has a whole episode on starter T's which is nice and might come in handy. But take your time ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. GreyPsyche

GreyPsyche Arachnosquire Active Member

Sorry for your loss...

I just got into the hobby personally and bought 3 slings.

If you want another T for company I say you can't go wrong with a GBB.

15. darkness975

darkness975 A Dream Within a Dream Arachnosupporter

Sorry to hear this.

16. Venom1080

@Socfroggy i think you rated one of my posts disagree by accident there.. pg2

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Socfroggy

Socfroggy Arachnoknight

Tx
    Were you implying that eminart is being too blunt?? If so then In do disagree. If not then I misunderstood.

18. Venom1080

Nope. It was literally a question.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. cold blood

cold blood ArachnoGod Active Member

Sorry for the loss. My suggestion is G. pulchripes....Its more active, a better eater, and just as easy to care for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Leila

Leila Arachnobaron Active Member

I am so sorry your darling passed away. :bear: