Tarantula question

Trenor

Arachnoprince
No she is not impailed its just sitting on her leg/abdomen.The chip fell when i moved the log to get a good picture.
I'm not trying to be rude or anything but i didn't base what i said on what i read, you can clearly see in the picture that the tarantula is impaled at at least 2 places. Either that or can you explain why the woodchippings are standing on their tips in the middle of the indents of the tarantula?
The person that actually had access to the T and took the photo explained where they came from.

Last edited:

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It doesn't look to me like the chips are impaling the spider. It looks like they are just lying on top.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
It doesn't look to me like the chips are impaling the spider. It looks like they are just lying on top.
Right, there are no drops of hemolymph or wet spots you would have from an abdomen rupture. They are laying odd because they are on hair.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
@Karlisen Reading back over all that I realized how rude it sounded. I apologize.

The OP did post that the wood chips didn't impale the abdomen and there are no wet spots of fluid you would have from a ruptured abdomen. The chips are just laying there in the Ts abdomen hair. So, I don't think that a ruptured or impaled abdomen was this Ts issue.

GingerC

Arachnosquire
It's unfortunate that people are so scathing here. It's one thing to say that the substrate is wrong, and quite another to claim the OP is ignorant, hasn't done any research, killed their tarantula, and also literally accuse them of trolling... on top of them losing their beloved pet. It's really not hard to be constructive without being offensive, guys. Sometimes I feel like this forum is composed primarily of twelve year olds. In a bad way.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
It's unfortunate that people are so scathing here. It's one thing to say that the substrate is wrong, and quite another to claim the OP is ignorant, hasn't done any research, killed their tarantula, and also literally accuse them of trolling... on top of them losing their beloved pet. It's really not hard to be constructive without being offensive, guys. Sometimes I feel like this forum is composed primarily of twelve year olds. In a bad way.
this has been a tame informative thread. suspecting a troll isnt a terrible thing, besides, its happened plenty of times before.
sorry no one sugarcoats their messages and rates all the posts with hearts. seriously, its the internet. not to mention its an online forum, kind of hard to sound sad for the OP through words on a screen.
man, bunch of pretty smart 12 year old's here. ;)

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
And they enforce it. I had two accounts for like 3 seconds before I was locked out of everything.
The do indeed enforce this. Mine and my husband's accounts got restricted until we cleared up that we were two people and not one person with two accounts, so I don't think trolling/joking in this manner would work.

Thank you. Im waiting to see if she comes around... I assume shes just lived out her time. It was a good run. Still gonna miss her.
Thank you. She was my first pet at 11 years old, begged for a T for years. I just hate that this may be the end.
I'm so sorry, I know how hard it is to have a long time pet (possibly) nearing the end. She's not a T, but my dog is going on 12 years, and I've had her literally since day one. She's going blind, deaf, and has arthritis in her back, so I don't think she has too many years left. I feel your pain on losing a long time 'friend'. :(
Has anything changed in her condition? Hopefully it's just premolt...

PeanutTheTarantula

Arachnopeon
So my beautiful tarantula has passed on. Thank you everyone for this informative conversation. Im going to do some research on other types of tarantula before I decide to get another. I want to be more informed this time. I love that I have access to so many people with the same pet interests this time around.
Thank you everyone who reached out about loosing my pet it was a wondeful almost 18 years.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
So sorry for your loss. :(
The stickies in this subforum have a lot of info for new T keepers/people getting back in the hobby. EulersK has a good series of info on T's on YouTube, it is called AraneAid. It has a whole episode on starter T's which is nice and might come in handy. But take your time ;)

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Sorry for your loss...

I just got into the hobby personally and bought 3 slings.

If you want another T for company I say you can't go wrong with a GBB.

Leila

Arachnobaron
So my beautiful tarantula has passed on. Thank you everyone for this informative conversation. Im going to do some research on other types of tarantula before I decide to get another. I want to be more informed this time. I love that I have access to so many people with the same pet interests this time around.
Thank you everyone who reached out about loosing my pet it was a wondeful almost 18 years.
I am so sorry your darling passed away. :bear: