User Tarantula Pictures by MattjediEdmonds

MattjediEdmonds

Arachnosquire
Did she make the burrow herself?? I only ask as mine never hides.. she always out on display :)
Yea, she dug a pretty deep one too. She's been out most of the time since her last molt, but will still run back in the burrow if I accidentally bump the table, or open the enclosure. Is your's an adult? I've read the slings burrow, but the adults are always out.

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
What are you using as an enclosure? I find that slings are pretty reclusive if you give them the space to be. At 5/8”, you could house the sling in a 2oz condiment cup. Due to the smaller size, the sling will adopt the whole cup as its burrow. And since it doesn’t have the space to burrow in the cup, you can monitor it 24/7 to make sure everything is a-okay. Also makes feeding a lot easier. This is completely optional though, but it does lead to faster growth rates.

Michael bradley

Arachnopeon
Yea, she dug a pretty deep one too. She's been out most of the time since her last molt, but will still run back in the burrow if I accidentally bump the table, or open the enclosure. Is your's an adult? I've read the slings burrow, but the adults are always out.
No mines juvenile now but she has never hidden since I have had her.. but then all are different so sure she will be out on display soon enough