1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tarantula morphs?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Marvinxox, Nov 8, 2018.

1. antinous

antinous Phormic-Addict Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    I could hear @Teal breathing heaviley while looking at that post lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Teal

Teal Arachnoking Active Member

I'm jealous that yall have all the different localitiez over there!

I need them ALLLLLLL. lol

3. Marvinxox

Marvinxox Arachnoknight

Oh, i thought the OBT-form of the P. murinus also was a recessive mutation that somehow got enforced via artifical selection. Interesting to know that they actually are a wild form.
    Well if the N. incei is just two recessive mutations that were bred out, it could also be that such mutations also exist in other species of spider.

I mean, if it would be proven that they all belong to the same species and that they are just different phenotypes, then they could theoretically be bred into different mixed colour forms. At least I assume that, I´m not sure how the genetics in tarantulas work. And I thought that maybe someone already did such breeding and thereby produced different morphs. But apparently that was a wrong guess of mine.

Yeah, that was what I meant with my post. I think I shouldn´t have used the word "Morph", and just said "Colour forms" or "phenotypes instead.

I´ll never be able to understand the thought process of some people when it´s about breeding dogs.
    "Oh, this will surely die of respiratory problems and the other one literally looks like a rat that took a shotgun-blast... lets breed thousands of them!"
    Even worse when you look at some fish-breeds. Especially goldfish, some of them cant even swim normally but people still breed these abnormities.

4. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

N. incei color forms are due because of genetics. So far by many accounts it's a simple Mendelian recessive trait.

5. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

We have an African expert, who lives in Africa too. He hasn't been around lately at all @Ceratogyrus

• Like Like x 1