Tarantula molted and appears stuck sideways under hide

GixxerChick

Arachnopeon
My adult female B Hamorii just molted. She molted upright on top of her hide and appears to have crawled down the side of it and is now cramped on her side and not moving very much. Is she ok? Do I need to gently help her out or move the hide? She appears extremely cramped with her front legs bent back against her body. I know, usually if you leave them alone they're fine but this looks really really not ok :/

Attachments

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
It’s fine. They need help molting when they can’t get it off. Imagine you just had massive body changing surgery. You’d probably wanna curl up and rest for awhile too

If anything it just looks stressed and I’d guess that’s because its hide doesn’t hide it very well

GixxerChick

Arachnopeon
It’s fine. They need help molting when they can’t get it off. Imagine you just had massive body changing surgery. You’d probably wanna curl up and rest for awhile too

If anything it just looks stressed and I’d guess that’s because its hide doesn’t hide it very well
Fair enough. That corner of the enclosure was towards the corner of the bookshelf so normally in the dark. She never accessed her hide from the back and I didn't even know there was room for her to slip that way so when I saw her molt and not her I was like what the heck and carefully turned it just to make sure she was ok. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
Fair enough. That corner of the enclosure was towards the corner of the bookshelf so normally in the dark. She never accessed her hide from the back and I didn't even know there was room for her to slip that way so when I saw her molt and not her I was like WTF and carefully turned it just to make sure she was ok. Thanks for the advice.
No worries. It may just be that it does that post molt too. I know I’ve seen one of my arboreals do that sort of thing post molt