Tarantula Keeper's Guide

betuana

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just got notification that my book has SHIPPED from amazon. Because I have 2 day shipping (free for me) this has updated the arrival time and I am now due to receive my book TOMORROW (Friday the 13th, lol!). I checked the tracking and it shipped from Indiana and is already in Illinois, so its actually likely that it will really arrive tomorrow. YAY!

I still have my older copy of the book, but I'm looking forward to the new version too! {D

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am about to E-mail them to set up a date. Stay tuned or give them a call in a day or two.
Thanks Stan, I'm hoping my friends in L.A.T.E. will keep me in the know.

The good news my copy is "IN TRANSIT" so it should be here by weeks end.:} :}

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yep me too I just hate waiting sometimes.
Mine is on the way from Barron's and should be here Friday.

Lucky you!
I just got mine last week and couldn't wait to dive right in-
and I did!...
and also I noticed you in the inside-of-the-cover credits!
Congratulations Ryan!!! :D You should be very proud.
(You should'a had an advance or a free copy, LOL)

Amenagerie

Arachnopeon
Wow, I guess I got lucky. I have this one on the way also but had no idea I was ordering THE book. I ordered about 8 books and am very excited now to know at least one of them is a good one. My grandson brought home one from school recently that was obviously written in the dark ages. I think the main thing that stood out was the "fact" that tarantulas shoot stinging hairs. :mad: :?

Bird Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Humm....I tried to order TKG3 recently, but all I could find on amazon was TGK1 so I ordered that, should be coming soon. Does anyone have a link for TKG3 on amazon so I can order it please?

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Humm....I tried to order TKG3 recently, but all I could find on amazon was TGK1 so I ordered that, should be coming soon. Does anyone have a link for TKG3 on amazon so I can order it please?
What you saw was TKG2. TKG3 is at http://barronseduc.com/0764138855.html. TKG2 has a Rio Grande gold tarantula (Aphonopelma moderatum) on the cover on a rock and against a green background. TKG3 has a Mexican redknee (Brachypelma smithi) against a completely white background.

TKG1 was published in 1984 by Sterling. It went out of print almost immediately with a press run of only about 5,000 copies. Copies of it are almost impossible to find anymore. It's a good thing. It was mediocre at the very best.

There is GREAT confusion regarding the correct revision number because Barron's refuses to acknowledge that there was an earlier edition published by Sterling. When you order your copy be sure to read the entire order page and look carefully at any photos of the cover. If EVERYTHING doesn't look Kosher (i.e., the revision you want), call them to confirm that you're ordering the correct revision or go to another bookseller.

(For instance, amazon.com still shows you a cover of TKG3 and the inside of TKG2 when you click their cover photo. See http://www.amazon.com/Tarantula-Kee...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226647658&sr=8-1)

You can see photos of the covers of all three at http://atshq.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20000. Just scroll down the page a little.

Bird Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ohh wow! thanks. I haven't gotten any of the books I orderd from amazon the same day, but have gotten e-mails saying they were shipped. I'll bookmark that link and see which one I actually get before ordering another.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I ordered mine at the Chapters store. Didn't have to pay shipping:D
It came in 6 days:)

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tarantula Keeper's Guide Aftermarket Support

One and All -

Now that the book has been out for a few weeks we're getting some feedback. So, we've established an Aftermarket Support page for it. You can find a portal to it at The Tarantula Keeper's Guide, Third Edition.

It'll take a day or two to smooth out a minor wrinkle in the parent page, but eventually you'll be able to find your way to it directly by merely visiting our index page.

For those of you who have read the book or are still wading through it, we'd appreciate knowing where we've made mistakes or where we could add important information. You'll notice that a few people are already quoted and credited for doing so. Now's your chance to get your 2¢ into the 4th edition!

Loudog760

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Man I still haven't got a cope, sucks being tight on cash!

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man I still haven't got a cope, sucks being tight on cash!
Visit your friendly, neighborhood public library. If they don't have one on the shelf, yell at them. In a pinch they can get a copy for you through the Interlibrary Loan Service.

Charles S

Arachnopeon
I ordered the two latest versions. They have to get them to Australia for me and hopefully that will be next week which will make it 3 weeks to deliver. I am so keen to read them!