Tarantula Hut Petco

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Here in the US, Tumblrina means these special snowflake kids who go and cry about every little problem that happens, thinks theyre so different, hates all men, believes men should die, doctors words are simply fatshaming, and if you arent a tumblrina/feminazi you deserve to be killed
Ah, ok. No, here not.

The hate against mens here in Italy is only by a very small minority: the "Mickey Rourke" lesbians. They look like a sort of Mickey Rourke mixed with a trucker, and they love to depicts how much males they beated while normal lesbians " :embarrassed: ooh!" impressed

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Ah, ok. No, here not.

The hate against mens here in Italy is only by a very small minority: the "Mickey Rourke" lesbians. They look like a sort of Mickey Rourke mixed with a trucker, and they love to depicts how much males they beated while normal lesbians " :embarrassed: ooh!" impressed
Sometimes I go outside and see these people, from little kids to old people in walkers playing pokemon go, then I see people like tumblrinas, or worse the people you mentioned, and affirms my belief that we are devolving as a race.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Sometimes I go outside and see these people, from little kids to old people in walkers playing pokemon go, then I see people like tumblrinas, or worse the people you mentioned, and affirms my belief that we are devolving as a race.
Very true my man.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Anyone notice that on the container the Brazilian Giant Salmon Tarantula is paired with the latin name of P. Mutinus and a picture of what looks like an A. Geniculata????

Jarrod B

Arachnopeon
Anyone notice that on the container the Brazilian Giant Salmon Tarantula is paired with the latin name of P. Mutinus and a picture of what looks like an A. Geniculata????
Yes I got one, they had a reptile sale and picked up what I thought was a Brazilian Giant Salmon and when I got home it looks like it might be a king baboon unless it kicked all its hairs off for 10 bucks, I guess time will tell, they had crickets bigger than the sling in there I took them out when I got home rehoused and gave it a crushed cricket its happy now eating like a champ. I don't think old worlds should be offered with no sheets explaining temperament and venom strength.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Yes I got one, they had a reptile sale and picked up what I thought was a Brazilian Giant Salmon and when I got home it looks like it might be a king baboon unless it kicked all its hairs off for 10 bucks, I guess time will tell, they had crickets bigger than the sling in there I took them out when I got home rehoused and gave it a crushed cricket its happy now eating like a champ. I don't think old worlds should be offered with no sheets explaining temperament and venom strength.
I got one too and I think it is an LP, but I am not sure. It looks much more like an LP sling. I contacted Corporate Petco, and they have been emailing me. They are supposed to try and contact the breeder to see what he shipped to my local store. I don't much like buying from them, but they are my only option in my area.

Jarrod B

Arachnopeon
I got one too and I think it is an LP, but I am not sure. It looks much more like an LP sling. I contacted Corporate Petco, and they have been emailing me. They are supposed to try and contact the breeder to see what he shipped to my local store. I don't much like buying from them, but they are my only option in my area.
Ya I wanted an LP and think I got a P Muticus lol It doesn't seem to have the black dot where the hairs would be? do you think it might of just kicked them off? or a mistake?

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
wow yup they look different alright I wonder what we got lol
They might as well call it a tarantula grab bag. I did buy a B. Vagans from them and it is a B. Vagans. Last time it molted, its legs turned really dark and it had tiny red hairs on its abdomen.

Jarrod B

Arachnopeon
They might as well call it a tarantula grab bag. I did buy a B. Vagans from them and it is a B. Vagans. Last time it molted, its legs turned really dark and it had tiny red hairs on its abdomen.
cool a also got a B Emilia looks like its in pre molt now

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Gosh yours are so teeny! Mine was labeled as Texas Tan so I'm assuming he's Aponophelma Anax but sometimes I wonder if he's Henzi. He's nearly 2 inches. I didn't know squat when I bought him so in glad I didn't end up with something like OBT!

Attachments

Dovey

Arachnobaron
chech similar threads re: Petco tarantula hut. Much has been said. However, it never occured to me that the contsiners were anything but temporary, to get them home. For one thing, the foam liner off-gasses a horrible smell strong enough to stink up a whole room.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
The label says Brazilian Giant Salmon Tarantula but gives the scientific name Pelinobius muticius instead of the correct name Lasiodora parahybana , however unless my eyes are deceiving me the tarantula pictured is neither a P.muticius nor an L.parahybana . That alone is enough of a reason not to buy this . If this is representative of the level of quality control that this company exercises then I would stay away .

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
The label says Brazilian Giant Salmon Tarantula but gives the scientific name Pelinobius muticius instead of the correct name Lasiodora parahybana , however unless my eyes are deceiving me the tarantula pictured is neither a P.muticius nor an L.parahybana . That alone is enough of a reason not to buy this . If this is representative of the level of quality control that this company exercises then I would stay away .
Also, the picture on the label for B. Emilia is most definitely a B. Smithi. My sling (labeled Brazilian Giant Salmon Tarantula) looks like an LP sling. I guess I will find out if it is actually an LP if it grows like a weed. It has eaten almost every single day since I got it, so it might actually be an LP.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
I didn't read through the earlier posts and didn't realize that you had already pointed this out about the sketchy labeling job . I didn't mean to restate what you had already pointed out . However , this is proof that no tarantula expert or any quality control is involved any way in the selling of these slings . Mislabeling is an absolute no-no in any situation .

Last edited:

USMCVET

Arachnopeon
Yeah, that looks much different than mine. View attachment 216402 View attachment 216403
Yeah I fell for the same sling at my local PetCo. They had slings for $20 or an adult Mexican Red-Knee for like $80. Thought it was a no brainer to get the baby for cheaper. Took it to a tarantula expert and she told me that time will tell which actual species it is, but if it ended up being a King Baboon then that could be a potential lawsuit against Petco.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Yeah I fell for the same sling at my local PetCo. They had slings for $20 or an adult Mexican Red-Knee for like $80. Thought it was a no brainer to get the baby for cheaper. Took it to a tarantula expert and she told me that time will tell which actual species it is, but if it ended up being a King Baboon then that could be a potential lawsuit against Petco.
A tarantula expert? Could you post a picture of the sling?