Tarantula Hut Petco

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I have no petco around me, but have persmart and 4 or 5 petsways.

Petsmart apparently stopped carrying tarantulas all together (at least that's what they told me when I was looking for my first T) and petsway does carry a T every now and then, but prices are crazy, and who knows the quality

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
I wonder if these are selling well for them, the way they are displayed doesn't seem to be very good for selling. They are kept behind glass, most of the spiders are hiding so you can't see them, and the labels that tell you whats in them are turned away from the customer. The only way to get a look at these is to try to track someone down that will open the case so you can pull them out to look at them, if you can get someone to do that. Most of my local stores initially sold these, but now they no longer have any and are using the space for other animals.
I don't imagining them selling well just due to the employees attitude. Most Petco employees have the "burn it with fire" mentality. Or at least the ones I have met.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This really pisses me off. PetHo is really stepping up their level of greed and mistreatment of beautiful creatures. I'm glad I have never seen these T huts, the manager would have an ear full (I know it would do nothing besides waste my energy but someone has to pay for these atrocities).

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
I bought one 2 weeks ago before I knew better. It was the last T hut they had and the seller was pretty up front that he doesn't like Ts and didn't know much about them, but still talked me into buying all sorts of things I didn't need. Thank goodness for this forum. The hut was locked behind glass. I have gone in a few more times, to 2 different Petcos, to return items I originally bought there and to buy some crickets. I've checked and they don't have Ts in stock and no more huts. I hope it stays that way. My T was in the hut with no water and a lot of dead crickets. The thing smelled terrible. I wish I'd known better than to buy there, but I guess I gave this T a life in a clean enclosure. Edited to add- when I bought my T I knew nothing about different species, so I'm so glad I got one that's easier for beginners. I looked at the list they sell- I could have ended up with an OBT! Oh my god.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
This really pisses me off. PetHo is really stepping up their level of greed and mistreatment of beautiful creatures. I'm glad I have never seen these T huts, the manager would have an ear full (I know it would do nothing besides waste my energy but someone has to pay for these atrocities).
If you had enough T owners sign a petition and went to cooperate something MIGHT happen

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If you had enough T owners sign a petition and went to cooperate something MIGHT happen
That is a great idea. I wonder if there is an active E-petition or something. If not, we need to get the ball rolling.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
I imagine a well crafted response will be sent out via e-mail that expresses their interest in your concerns about their stores and that all their associates will be receiving the company mandated training so that they will be able to provide the best possible service and care of the "whatever animals you are e-mailing about" . And that they are always striving to do their very best to provide the service their customers , the community and the animals/products that they sell so rightfully deserve . Then they will invite you to visit the nearest Petco store so that you can see for yourself the efforts that they putting forward to earn your business as your friendly neighborhood pet care provider . Also , while you are their please take advantage of the very competitive pricing and outstanding selection . Don't forget that you can now apply for the Petco friends card that gives special bonus pricing and coupons only available for members .

Or to put it more clearly . . . . We don't care , just come in and buy stuff .

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I imagine a well crafted response will be sent out via e-mail that expresses their interest in your concerns about their stores and that all their associates will be receiving the company mandated training so that they will be able to provide the best possible service and care of the "whatever animals you are e-mailing about" . And that they are always striving to do their very best to provide the service their customers , the community and the animals/products that they sell so rightfully deserve . Then they will invite you to visit the nearest Petco store so that you can see for yourself the efforts that they putting forward to earn your business as your friendly neighborhood pet care provider . Also , while you are their please take advantage of the very competitive pricing and outstanding selection . Don't forget that you can now apply for the Petco friends card that gives special bonus pricing and coupons only available for members .

That was scarily accurate, are you a petco spy, sir? 0.o

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
PetSmart is a name that crack me up. Such stupid, goofy, no fantasy at all names :-s

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
There was a whole thread where board members got into contact and got OW Ts removed from the shelves. Bet searching petco with the site tool would turn it up.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer

That is sad but true.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm grasping at straws here for a silver lining but at least they use the Latin names lol

Also my local petco said they come with a warning and a specific care sheet for each species.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
PetSmart is a name that crack me up. Such stupid, goofy, no fantasy at all names :-s
I've always wondered. Is it "Pet-Smart", as in they're smart about pets? Or "Pets-Mart", like Walmart or Kwikmart?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I've always wondered. Is it "Pet-Smart", as in they're smart about pets? Or "Pets-Mart", like Walmart or Kwikmart?
Ah ah, good point. My view is a sort of "innocent" one, if innocence is a term that could be used now when those chains are involved. I view a cat, a lovely smart one like Cips, mine, with a chubby psychotic Tumblrina that cuddles him. I don't know, probably my brain melted, or I'm a perv. Or both.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Ah ah, good point. My view is a sort of "innocent" one, if innocence is a term that could be used now when those chains are involved. I view a cat, a lovely smart one like Cips, mine, with a chubby psychotic Tumblrina that cuddles him. I don't know, probably my brain melted, or I'm a perv. Or both.
If you imagine a tumblrina in any situation, you aren't a perv, just hate SJWs and Cancer of The Internet.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
If you imagine a tumblrina in any situation, you aren't a perv, just hate SJWs and Cancer of The Internet.
I wasn't even aware of the term "Tumblrina" until you used that in a reply to someone here, and you cracked me up. Searched for that, we have those as well, but the name is different. Don't know in the US... here in Italy those are mostly those stupid, half naked selfies drug addicted wild sex loving (only for kill themselves after when their males upload on the Internet their performance) wasted youth of today.

Damn if I had a daughter like those I would choke her barehanded, I'm almost 40 and back then education was "a bit" more wise :-s

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I wasn't even aware of the term "Tumblrina" until you used that in a reply to someone here, and you cracked me up. Searched for that, we have those as well, but the name is different. Don't know in the US... here in Italy those are mostly those stupid, half naked selfies drug addicted wild sex loving (only for kill themselves after when their males upload on the Internet their performance) wasted youth of today.

Damn if I had a daughter like those I would choke her barehanded, I'm almost 40 and back then education was "a bit" more wise :-s
Here in the US, Tumblrina means these special snowflake kids who go and cry about every little problem that happens, thinks theyre so different, hates all men, believes men should die, doctors words are simply fatshaming, and if you arent a tumblrina/feminazi you deserve to be killed. Here is the "Safe" UrbanDictionary definition.

An often unattractive, butthurt, and obnoxious female user of the popular site Tumblr.

Someone who complains all day on Tumblr about how oppressed they are by men, when 99% of ranting cases were provoked would be meaningless or of utmost minute significance to the average person.
Guy: Hey you look nice today!

Tumblrina later that night: OMG men are such pigs. I'm tired of being harrassed.

-Next day-

*Guy ignores tumblrina*

Tumblrina later that night: OMG men are such pigs and they just ignore me nag nag whine whine

Last edited: