Tarantula Fungus Infection???

AgainstAllGods

Arachnopeon
Offer food once or twice a week cannot confirm in the two months I had her whether she ate or not, will not take food from me does not hunt.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
^^^^op those springtails wont survive in dry tanks. I use them only in my t stirmi tank, which is always moist. ^^^^^guy with the pinktoe. Could be a regular bald spot, could be a cyst. Just keep feeding it every so often and keep a water dish in with it. There's not much else you can even do.

AgainstAllGods

Arachnopeon
^^^^op those springtails wont survive in dry tanks. I use them only in my t stirmi tank, which is always moist. ^^^^^guy with the pinktoe. Could be a regular bald spot, could be a cyst. Just keep feeding it every so often and keep a water dish in with it. There's not much else you can even do.
She won't take food from me and I usually end up pulling crickets if they have been in there too long

AgainstAllGods

Arachnopeon
Are providing her some heating lights?
Does she have her own housing?
To me, it really looks like just her kicking hair. If she were to be sick, she'd be crumbled up but she's wide open. She's not dehydrated.
LED white light and night blue light. She was in my room but I moved her to a spare bedroom where it can be kept darker more often and quieter

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I feed every other week or so, not really a set schedule though. It's an Avic spp. @viper69 @cold blood what say you two on this one?

Looks like possibly some kind of growth or cyst. Could also be an injury.

Either way, not much you can really do about it.

Also, @AgainstAllGods , you shouldn't handle it anymore. Handling is asking for trouble if it bolts and falls.

cold blood

Staff member
She won't take food from me and I usually end up pulling crickets if they have been in there too long
Avics are pretty unique in that they both reside at elevated positions and seal themselves in when they molt...therefore leaving crickets in the enclosure is really a non-issue. All avics hunt, its how they survive.

---

"I feed every other week or so, not really a set schedule though. It's an Avic spp. @viper69 @cold blood what say you two on this one?"

I actually already commented on the avic in his other thread...I have no idea...but like @Rittdk01 said..."There's not much else you can even do." I mean, if you think its a fungal issue, your best bet would be to dry things out and increase ventilation...being that its an avic, it should already be being kept dry and be well vented.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I commented on it in another thread too. I not convinced its' a cyst mind you, just my best guesstimate. And from a picture and it's not in my care, it's more guess than estimate.

AgainstAllGods

Arachnopeon
Well I have stopped handling her. I moved her to a darker quieter room that gets nearly no use. If I can leave crickets in there how many like one or two at a time? What parameters?