Tarantula Fungus Infection???

TheTHut

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, help and advice would be much appreciated. I had recently posted a video on my youtube and was left some comments that my a.genic looked to have a fungus infection which has of course worried me, I have had her for a little over a year now and never had any problems she was kept in a komodo tank and i would make sure the water dish was always full and only very occasionally overfill it and I was due to rehouse her anyway but on the advice of someone on youtube i did rehouse immediately and posted another video. the person told me to check the old enclosure thoroughly for signs of mold/fungus and there seriously isnt any....and I cant be sure if there is fungus on her abdomen so I have came here hoping for advice from more practiced keepers. I have attached photos and links to the 2 youtube videos, I know in the new enclosure there isnt enough substrate so I'm going to be adding more asap. In the attached pics there are 2 of beetlejuice in her new enclosure with hopefully good close ups to her abdomen area and then pics of her old enclosure and under the old hide. the pictures show some spaghm moss which she had moved around and this is definatley not mold I dug through every inch of the old substrate and there is absolutely no sign of fungus/mold...the only thing i changed was adding springtails and i added them to all 9 of my Ts enclosures and havent had any problems...ps new enclosure is being kept very dry apart from water dish.

Attachments

louise f

Arachnoangel
Hey there friend, i dont think there is anything wrong with your beautiful A.genic at all. To me it looks just like she has been rubbing her abdormen.
That is perfectly normal when getting prepared to molt. :)

Hope someone else is chiming in to give their opinions too. So you can take it easy again, the best of luck <3:)

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't see any evidence of mold or dis-ease. Like Louise said, looks like she's rubbed a bald spot. May or may not be related to premolt.
Loved listening to your brogue, btw. :)

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
I see absolutely nothing wrong with your specimen, The ph of the moss inhibits most bacterial and mold growth so I doubt your specimen has anything to worry about on that front. looks like a typical healthy plump genic.

TheTHut

Arachnopeon
Hey there friend, i dont think there is anything wrong with your beautiful A.genic at all. To me it looks just like she has been rubbing her abdormen.
That is perfectly normal when getting prepared to molt. :)

Hope someone else is chiming in to give their opinions too. So you can take it easy again, the best of luck <3:)
thanks so much Louise that has put my mind at rest, the guy on youtube is adamant that it has fungus ugh :( but if so many people say it doesnt then it doesnt so I feel a lot happier :)

TheTHut

Arachnopeon
I don't see any evidence of mold or dis-ease. Like Louise said, looks like she's rubbed a bald spot. May or may not be related to premolt.
Loved listening to your brogue, btw. :)
thanks you so much for your help and my accent is awful on camera haha ;)

TheTHut

Arachnopeon
I see absolutely nothing wrong with your specimen, The ph of the moss inhibits most bacterial and mold growth so I doubt your specimen has anything to worry about on that front. looks like a typical healthy plump genic.
Thanks so much Tarantula1995 :) again you have made me feel a lot better

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
People in Youtube comments know about as much about tarantulas as pets stores in my experience. There might be a handful of people that make sense but the vast majority just Babble back and forth but no one really knows proper care. I agree with others, it looks like a bald spot but nothing abnormal.

That's also one of the reasons why I screen all of the comments on my videos before allowing them to be public.

TheTHut

Arachnopeon
People in Youtube comments know about as much about tarantulas as pets stores in my experience. There might be a handful of people that make sense but the vast majority just Babble back and forth but no one really knows proper care. I agree with others, it looks like a bald spot but nothing abnormal.

That's also one of the reasons why I screen all of the comments on my videos before allowing them to be public.
yeah you are right its the same as petstores unfortunately, I may do the same with my comments. thanks for your help :)

louise f

Arachnoangel
Yeah @darkness975 there is def a lot of garbage on you tube, Most of it is crap.
Happy @TheTHut asked for help here instead of listen to that. In here there is a lot of help to get and very experienced keepers:)

TheTHut

Arachnopeon
Yeah @darkness975 there is def a lot of garbage on you tube, Most of it is crap.
Happy @TheTHut asked for help here instead of listen to that. In here there is a lot of help to get and very experienced keepers:)
Yeah I could have caused my T so much unnecessary stress so thank you guys I am happy it didn't come to that

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
haha never listen to YouTube comments, they dont know much and assume a lot of crap. big beautiful healthy specimen to me. just a completely normal bald spot from kicking urticating hairs. :)

TheTHut

Arachnopeon
haha never listen to YouTube comments, they dont know much and assume a lot of crap. big beautiful healthy specimen to me. just a completely normal bald spot from kicking urticating hairs. :)
Thanks hehe I feel great about it all now I'm just glad I don't have to do anything drastic

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you listen to feedback on Google, then you will end up killing your T. There is so much inaccurate replies, tons of people don't know a thing on that subsidiary.

It's just only a bald patch, nothing more, ie normal

TheTHut

Arachnopeon
If you listen to feedback on Google, then you will end up killing your T. There is so much inaccurate replies, tons of people don't know a thing on that subsidiary.

It's just only a bald patch, nothing more, ie normal
Yeah your right there, from now on I'll be checking on here for info first :)