Tarantula colours you wish existed?

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
Are there any colours you wish were more prevalent in tarantulas? Do you look at all the swathes of browns and tans and think, man, I wish there was some more pizazz. It's amazing just how much entertainment you can get by simply changing the hue on tarantula pictures, and sometimes you get interesting results. I'm definitely not easily entertained. I recommend you try it if you're ever bored. :happy:

I'd love for an iridiscent green tarantula myself, as it's my favourite colour. Think OBT but green all over, that kind of piercing green. I know that some Avicularia species are green but they're more muted and subtle, instead of eye-piercingly bright. I've also noticed red isn't very apparent either. It'd actually be interesting if there was some explanation as to why certain colours don't really appear on tarantulas. Most red colour forms are more orange or russet rather than crimson red to me. Theraphosinae sp. "Panama" is the only one that really screams 'red' in my head, though I think the black alongside it gives me connotations regarding magma and such.

I know very little scientifically so, please educate me if you have any idea as to why their colours are as they are, and that's the reason we don't have rainbow coloured tarantulas wandering around. :rofl:

Pokie11

Arachnosquire
White T would look awesome. Or some turquoise colored one would be cool one too.

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
White, green, or pink. Or solid red. Or literally a rainbow tarantula. I'd buy that. Lol

Their natural colors are to help them survive in the wild. Likely to either help them blend in to their surroundings, attract a mate, or make then look unappetizing (bright colors tend to mean bitter tasting or venomous so predators avoid them).

sasker

Arachnoprince
A tarantula with the coloration of a peacock jumping spider. How is that for pizzazz ;)

And while we're at it, they should have the same courtship rituals of these Australian gems on legs as well.

jaycied

Arachnoknight
Metallic silver tarentula
The genus Calisoga has a metallic silver false tarantula, but a real silver tarantula would be really cool.

I also agree with the pure white, reds, and especially the greens. I've been collecting everything I can that has any green on them.

jaycied

Arachnoknight
Bright yellow and black would be neat too, like a bee or wasp imitation.

Mojo288

Arachnoknight
I would love a phosphorescent T, bugger could never hide, not sure how the T would feel about that though.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Bright yellow and black would be neat too, like a bee or wasp imitation.
P.irminia has that sort of look, only its orange striping rather then yellow.

We need more green spiders. None of the available species have vibrant greens, they are mostly subtle.

I would go for an overall dark mettalic green spider, with red carapace markings/patterns and red chelicerae. Almost like P.rufilata only much more striking.