1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tarantula colours you wish existed?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Serpyderpy, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Serpyderpy

Serpyderpy Arachnosquire Active Member

Advertisement
    Are there any colours you wish were more prevalent in tarantulas? Do you look at all the swathes of browns and tans and think, man, I wish there was some more pizazz. It's amazing just how much entertainment you can get by simply changing the hue on tarantula pictures, and sometimes you get interesting results. I'm definitely not easily entertained. I recommend you try it if you're ever bored. :joyful:

I'd love for an iridiscent green tarantula myself, as it's my favourite colour. Think OBT but green all over, that kind of piercing green. I know that some Avicularia species are green but they're more muted and subtle, instead of eye-piercingly bright. I've also noticed red isn't very apparent either. It'd actually be interesting if there was some explanation as to why certain colours don't really appear on tarantulas. Most red colour forms are more orange or russet rather than crimson red to me. Theraphosinae sp. "Panama" is the only one that really screams 'red' in my head, though I think the black alongside it gives me connotations regarding magma and such.

I know very little scientifically so, please educate me if you have any idea as to why their colours are as they are, and that's the reason we don't have rainbow coloured tarantulas wandering around. :hilarious:

2. miss moxie

miss moxie Arachnoprince Active Member

More red. Like crimson, blood red. A metallic red would be extra special. :hungry:

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Anoplogaster

Anoplogaster Arachnobaron Active Member

How about a pure white T? How cool would THAT be:)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Otteresting

Otteresting Arachnopeon Active Member

France
    Metallic silver tarentula

5. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoking Active Member

Fluro yellow ! Like the femurs of P. regalis.. but even brighter :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pokie11

Pokie11 Arachnopeon

White T would look awesome. Or some turquoise colored one would be cool one too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. N1ghtFire

N1ghtFire Arachnoknight

White, green, or pink. Or solid red. Or literally a rainbow tarantula. I'd buy that. Lol

Their natural colors are to help them survive in the wild. Likely to either help them blend in to their surroundings, attract a mate, or make then look unappetizing (bright colors tend to mean bitter tasting or venomous so predators avoid them).

8. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoking Active Member

Wrong place.

More red and black spiders. Arboreal of course. Maybe a Stromatopelma..

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

I love how you never fail to point out this, ah ah :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoking Active Member

Mainly because it never fails to give me alerts to these random things.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. sasker

sasker Arachnoknight Active Member

A tarantula with the coloration of a peacock jumping spider. How is that for pizzazz ;)

And while we're at it, they should have the same courtship rituals of these Australian gems on legs as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. jaycied

jaycied Arachnosquire

Idaho
    The genus Calisoga has a metallic silver false tarantula, but a real silver tarantula would be really cool.

I also agree with the pure white, reds, and especially the greens. I've been collecting everything I can that has any green on them.

13. Mojo288

Mojo288 Arachnosquire

Chrome

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Arachnopeon Active Member

I think a translucent T would be amazing. One that almost looks like glass.

15. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnobaron Active Member

A colour that is darker than my sense of humour.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnobaron Active Member

Joking aside, a red and black Poecilotheria would be sick.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. jaycied

jaycied Arachnosquire

Idaho
    Bright yellow and black would be neat too, like a bee or wasp imitation.

18. darkness975

darkness975 a Dream Within a Dream Arachnosupporter

How about a species that fluoresces under UV light like Scorpions?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Mojo288

Mojo288 Arachnosquire

I would love a phosphorescent T, bugger could never hide, not sure how the T would feel about that though.

20. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnobaron Active Member

Montreal
    P.irminia has that sort of look, only its orange striping rather then yellow.

We need more green spiders. None of the available species have vibrant greens, they are mostly subtle.

I would go for an overall dark mettalic green spider, with red carapace markings/patterns and red chelicerae. Almost like P.rufilata only much more striking.

• Agree Agree x 2