1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Tarantula Cages (www.tarantulacages.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by Okitasoshi, May 18, 2007.

1. bnorkin

bnorkin Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Great transaction all around! Communication was impeccable, service was great, and I'm more than satisfied with the cage I received. I will definitely be coming back here the next time I need to house any of my T's, and would more than recommend for others to do the same.

2. Just wanted to add my review of Adam's fine work.

I ordered a Large Arboreal and and Large Terrestrial cage, one of which I planned on putting on my desk at work.

They arrived shining and flawless.

They have since proved easy to clean and easy to access the spiders inside. The vents work nicely to keep humidity in, yet allow a nice air flow.

I've had them now for two months and I have to say I am most pleased with the appearance and construction of both of these enclosures.

In fact, it's the first time my wife has actually been happy about spiders on display in the living room.

Normally, non-spider folks can't take their eyes off the large B. smithii on my desk, however several of my co-workers have remarked on how nice the acrylic enclosure looks.

The only downside is that now all the rest of my enclosures look rather seedy by comparison.

I'm afraid I'll have to be ordering more of his fine handiwork. Well Done!

3. jakykong

jakykong Arachnobaron

Kent, Wa
    100% Positive.

I ordered a G. pulchripes 1/2-3/4" sling. Although I had to wait until he was back from vacation (patience is a virtue when dealing with tarantulas :)), the shipping was fast, and as a bonus, the sling has to be at least 1" -- I don't know exactly how to go about measuring it precisely, but 3/4", no way.

Thanks! When she gets a little older, I'll know exactly where to go for an excellent enclosure! :)

4. ChrisR

ChrisR Arachnopeon

NC
    Well I got it......

I do not recommended, until Adam gets either Help or more free time and here is why;

Order Issue.
    I placed my order on October 13th, I just received it today November 2nd. He said he was busy and whatnot and was waiting on supplies. His site says 2-3 days to ship and 3-5 to receive. Well mine took 21 days total.

Product:
    The cage is nice, looks good, but you can tell it was rushed. Mine doesn't meet up to the details everyone else has given. The glue for the vents is sloppy, I cleaned it up with a razor blade. The hinges are off so they have trouble shutting over the lock clasp. Some parts of the acrylic are bubbled or hazed I guess you could say, not very noticeable unless you look hard, but non the less, not the quality everyone before has mentioned. Could I do better? No, I have no idea how to make this.

All in all, the cage is great, but I would not recommend him at this current time until he can take his time on his products and get them shipped by the time he advertises.

-Chris

5. P. Novak

P. Novak ArachnoGod Old Timer

Great guy and great products

This is way overdue, but I bought 25 of these cages a couple months ago from Adam and have been too busy to leave a review till now. Adam is by far one of the most pleasant guys to work with and his work on these cages is superb! I can't even begin to explain how functional and classy these cages are. I'm sure my Ts love them just as much as I do and I am glad I don't have to have any more 5-10 gal tanks on end for my arboreal Ts. Those were always a mess. I would not hesitate to buy from him again and am actually looking to get more soon as those cages received inhabitants quite quickly. I'll be sure to have a picture up sooner or later of all the cages.

Thanks again Adam, you're the man!

-Paul Novak

6. Adam has a very good product and i am very pleased with it. I will say though that mine was maybe a bit rushed,nothing you can notice from the get-go. I guess he was just really really busy and it WAS during the holidays which is hectic for anyone with a business, so nothing to cry about( i ordered another one right after :3). his Cages are still beautiful and will be the what i will house my future T's in.

7. Storm76

Storm76 Arachnoemperor

Germany
    Haven't posted a review so far, so I might aswell just post it now...

I did order:

1 Large Arboreal/Burrower
    2 Medium Arboreal
    1 Small Arboreal

First off, I'm located in Germany and the shipping costs were $120, which was a good 1/3 of the price of all the cages. I was aware about it and didn't care, as since you can't get these cages over here unless you're crafty and can do them yourself, I just wanted to have some! Either way, he obviously had a lot to do and it took a few days longer. Then I messaged him again and was told he ran out of vents and would have to order new ones and would send them next week. He did so (he obviously had a lot to do, since it took longer than thought - just a fact) and I was happy.

Now for the annoying part and I'm just gonna be honest here: Adam tried to save me some money declaring the order as "gift" and worth "$10" - AND forgot to attach an invoice (printed paypal one) to the outside. Now, considering those were 2 packages and he wrote "plastic parts" as contents, the customs here in Germany didn't believe that for a moment :D

To make a long story short: I had to show them the correct invoice ($380 incl. shipping cost) and then they calculated item tax (19% of total value incl. shipping!) + item tax (here I got lucky as they chose "aquarium" which is only at 3% total with shipping) - which then caused me to pay an additional 88$ (~69 EUR) at that days exchange rate.

However, there was ALWAYS great communication and I don't blame him! For further reference, however, I did sent him some requirements for german customs, in the case anyone else (or me even) buys something and he has to ship here again.

As for the cages:

Awesome work. The vents seem to be glued in a bit hasty, but I don't care a single bit! They look awesome, the hinges barely screech (sp!), they close flawlessly and the packaging was A+++. All in all, I'm happy about the whole business. Others maybe wouldn't, but tbh - there's always a risk of ordering something from abroad and I don't expect a private person doing this basically only for a very specialized group of people (T collectors) to be aware of every countries custom regulations...

I'm happy that I bought these, glad about the great communication with him by mail and just slightly annoyed about having had to pay additionally when I had to pick them up from customs (which basically cost me 1 hr driving there with a friend...).

Summary:

* Overall a B to C for delivery
    * and a A for the cages

Thanks again, Adam!

8. Positive!!

I ordered a couple more cages the last three months and i am very happy with them! they are simply stunning! Great communication from Adam! I just dont see myself housing larger tarantulas in anything else :3

9. Carolina_wolfie

Carolina_wolfie Arachnosquire Old Timer

Well, I ordered the largest arboreal enclosure that Adam has advertised on his site and it arrived here today. I have two words for ya...

HIGH QUALITY!!! :)

This impressive enclosure will be perfect for a colony of bark scorpions!

10. Nikki1984

Nikki1984 Arachnosquire

Positive!

Just received a large order of twelve cages from Adam. He did a great job! The cages are very well done.

11. Ahmet29992

Ahmet29992 Arachnopeon

Beautiful terraria, from the images I've seen.

12. Tysus

Tysus Arachnopeon

Absolutely Awesome!!! Worth the money!!! It's a nice clean look.

IMG_0291.JPG

13. Here's my video review of tarantulacages.com! Adam is an awesome guy, and the enclosures are top notch. Highly recommended! I also did a short video of my T room at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydQZbt9c2O0

14. I'm looking into purchasing some of these terrarium setups for my current collection of Ts, I just have a couple concerns regarding proper sizes.
    It looks like the terrestrial and arboreal cages are listed in small, medium, large, and extra large sizes.
    I've read that a terrestrial T with a 6" DLS requires 5 to 10 gallon tank. When I use a converter to measure the dimensions of the listed cages from inches to gallons both the medium and large cages are far less than 5 gallons. How do I know which cage is the right dimensions for my 3" and 5" little friends?