1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tapinauchenius sp Union Island

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Nightstalker47, May 23, 2017.

1. StampFan

StampFan Arachnobaron Active Member

Calgary
    Advertisement
    My little sling had its molt this week. Shocked at how quickly it decimated the old molt (saw it attack it once) and shocked at how much it grew after this molt. I'm sure its leg span doubled in size.

2. Gossamer

Gossamer Arachnopeon

After reading this, I'm really looking forward to my sling molting!! I've got a lot of slow growers in my collection so it's good to hear this one has a faster growth rate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dangerforceidle

dangerforceidle Arachnobaron Active Member

I'm hoping mine moults again soon. It's been on a bit of a fast lately, so I'm hopeful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dangerforceidle

Bumping this, new photo to add.

Quickly became one of my favourite spiders. This moult is fairly fresh (Jan. 10).

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. My MM TUI went to Tar Can January 2017, where he was paired with 5 or so of their females and even though I sold him to them they still gave me some freebies of his offspring, as a Thank you in return. I am really enjoying the slings they gave me, growing very well and super hardy! Here he is, just after hooking out!

TUImature1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  6. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

Wow, that is one stunning mature male! I had no idea MM of this species look so good, thanks for sharing!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Deeser

Deeser Arachnosquire

Montreal
    Wow nice pic! What size was he when he matured, approx.? I still don't really know what to expect from mine size-wise. Its around 2" now but already looking super fuzzy like yours :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks all!!! :joyful: Deeser, I am thinking around 4". He was my one and only of his kind at the time, so don't have any adult females around to give input on their full grown size. He was an impulse, last minute expo purchase, and of course I wish I had grabbed up more at the time. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. StampFan

Calgary
    My sling has become my fastest grower. Faster than my parahybana and contending with my Pamphos

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Deeser

Deeser Arachnosquire

Montreal
    Same here considering I got it as a 1/4" freebie this past summer and its already about 2"! Craziness. I also dig how fuzzy they get and the fairly intricate web tubes. Very interesting little t.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoprince Active Member

Mine have grown fast as well. Loving the species so far. 20171203_214556.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. StampFan

Calgary
    Its funny, mine currently has a nice 2/3 hole web tube, but regularly basks in the hammock at the top between the holes. It is a shame I'm going to have to disrupt that with a rehouse upgrade.

13. Tia B

Tia B Arachnopigeon Arachnosupporter

T. sp. Union Island is definitely on my list of must-have spiders. I'm a huge fan of the tappies, so I will one day obtain one of these beauties. Currently l have a T. gigas sling (almost a juvenile) and a speck of a T. violaceous.

14. edesign

edesign Stacks o' spiders Old Timer

The entire genus is awesome. Both the gigas and plumipes groups. However, I hear that there is a revision coming up that may split those groups in to different genera. Not really a surprise but I'm looking forward to reading what it has to say.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Move to Canada. They're freebies here. :)
    One of my favorite freebies in fact..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tia B

Tia B Arachnopigeon Arachnosupporter

That's so unfair....

• Love Love x 1
  17. dangerforceidle

Very much agreed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Moonohol

Moonohol Two Legged Freak Classifieds User

Here’s mine! Been really fun keeping this species so far, very enthusiastic eater and beautiful, understated colors.

05BA4591-79FE-4028-9CB1-091657832AF4.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

That's interesting, got any links or more info?

20. edesign

edesign Stacks o' spiders Old Timer

Unfortunately, no. Someone mentioned it in the FB group a week or three ago. I think that's where I read it. Source was someone reliable. They strongly hinted that something significant regarding classification within the genus was going to change.

• Like Like x 1