Tanzanian Whipspiders

randar

Arachnopeon
My 50 gal. enclosure, pair of Damon variegatus whipspiders/scorpions, empty sperm stalk, and female with eggs. Whipspiders mated the 4th of November. Looking foreword to the little ones in the future. Not sure how long it takes? I am getting the book on them on the 1st, but if any one knows give me a heads up, thanks! aS3010001 (5).JPG aS3010001 (7).JPG aS3010001 (10).JPG S3010001 (11).JPG S3010001.JPG

Last edited:

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Well done! FYI, I think those are in the West African Damon group, which usually means D. medius in practice. They definitely aren't D. variegatus (as far as I'm concerned, that's a good thing, since until recently the West African Damon have been fairly uncommon in the US and they'e bigger and more interesting than the central African Damon group--I think that's what it's called, anyway). I'm glad these are being bred in the U.S. I don't have any information on schedule or how to raise them.

randar

Arachnopeon
Well done! FYI, I think those are in the West African Damon group, which usually means D. medius in practice. They definitely aren't D. variegatus (as far as I'm concerned, that's a good thing, since until recently the West African Damon have been fairly uncommon in the US and they'e bigger and more interesting than the central African Damon group--I think that's what it's called, anyway). I'm glad these are being bred in the U.S. I don't have any information on schedule or how to raise them.
Here is a book I hope to get more info. on these. s-l300.jpg

randar

Arachnopeon
After further investigation, I have to agree what I have is D. medius!