Tank mate for crippled american cockroach?

winnie

Arachnopeon
i found a roach with no right legs. It can walk okay but spins in circles when it tries to run, so I felt sorry for it and decided to keep it. Would it be okay to put a cricket, meal worm, different species of roach, etc in its tank? I want to give it a tank mate, but i don't want to chance it breeding.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
cricket, meal worm, different species of roach
Any of these might kill it, cricket being the most likely, roach the least. ( I was going to be mean and recommend pairing it with a tarantula, scorpion or centipede, but I couldn't do it anyone kind enough to worry about Am. roach). Probably best to leave it by itself, its not like they get lonely.

CritterKeeper21

Arachnosquire
Any of these might kill it, cricket being the most likely, roach the least. ( I was going to be mean and recommend pairing it with a tarantula, scorpion or centipede, but I couldn't do it anyone kind enough to worry about Am. roach). Probably best to leave it by itself, its not like they get lonely.
i found a roach with no right legs. It can walk okay but spins in circles when it tries to run, so I felt sorry for it and decided to keep it. Would it be okay to put a cricket, meal worm, different species of roach, etc in its tank? I want to give it a tank mate, but i don't want to chance it breeding.
Maybe some small beetles?

winnie

Arachnopeon
I was going to be mean and recommend pairing it with a tarantula, scorpion or centipede, but I couldn't do it anyone kind enough to worry about Am. roach
Haha! I understand. I'm a pretty sarcastic person myself. Thank you for not being mean and for giving me good advice. And thank you as well, CritterKeeper21.

1986 Coyota

Arachnopeon
Hm, do isopods eat living insects?

I feel like he would get lonely, since they do live in big groups. :(

winnie

Arachnopeon

I felt like that as well. Don't worry. I figured out how to tell the genders apart and got him a brother. They've been together for awhile now and are getting along very well. Their names are Ji-U and Hyeon-U.:)

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight

Isopods can be opportunistic and attempt to take down another weak invertebrate. Porcellio have been filmed doing this with super worms and it has been noted that they should probably not be kept with tarantulas and centipedes because they can harm them or kill them while they molt. Better safe than sorry. It would be best that the roach be kept alone with hides and living the high life with endless veggies and treats. Spoil the lil dude

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
Since you did get him a lil buddy I’d make sure they both get plenty of protein and stay well fed just to be safe. Idk much about roaches but I wish you good luck with the three legged lil dude

1986 Coyota

Arachnopeon
Isopods can be opportunistic and attempt to take down another weak invertebrate. Porcellio have been filmed doing this with super worms and it has been noted that they should probably not be kept with tarantulas and centipedes because they can harm them or kill them while they molt. Better safe than sorry. It would be best that the roach be kept alone with hides and living the high life with endless veggies and treats. Spoil the lil dude
Oh dang. People suggest keeping them with hermit crabs, but seeings though they molt too, I'm a bit hesitant now.

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
Unfortunately yes. I once saw a nymph's legs grow back when it molted, but I doubt that'll happen for this guy.
Well, yeah, if it's an adult that's not going to happen.
If its condition deteriorates further, it's probably best to euthanize it or to feed it to an invert (if you're not too attached). Not much quality of life there.