taking a break

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so after losing about $1k+ in scorpions this season, i have decided to take a break. im still breeding quite a few "rare" scorpions, but I find myself, drawn more and more to T's (which I am also breeding).

I am in no way quitting the hobby, just throttling back some. I'm sure come spring I will be back in to scorps etc... but for the time being I am focusing on a few of my favorite scorp species whilst working on a few T breeding projects.

my break is due to work, family issues, and other stuff.

if I do not respond immediately to your PMs or anything like that, this is the reason why.

Oh, and I also have a new email address, which can be found in my profile. But I don't plan on selling anything until spring at the earliest.

If i have free time i will still make posts/videos, but I am just so swamped with "real life" stuff at the moment that i can't guarentee anything.

Wish me luck! As I wish all of you luck! One request... some one breed some gosh darn P. metallica!

:D :( :D :D :D

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
One request... some one breed some gosh darn P. metallica!

:D :( :D :D :D
I certainly hope that every P. metallica owner realizes that it is an obligation of a responsible hobbyist to breed them if they own them!

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I certainly hope that every P. metallica owner realizes that it is an obligation of a responsible hobbyist to breed them if they own them!
too true

it is our responsibility as pet owners to breed these animals to ensure that they survive in the wild

(we breed and we wont be taking them out of the wild as much);)

but i would also like to know how you lost 1000 dollars in scorps if you dont mind me asking tabor:confused:

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just to clarify, i didnt spent $1k on scorps, I just meant the money lost in scorplings and such that i had died off (that i had planned on selling after breeding, they were rare, people wanted them)

its just disheartening to try very hard to get a new species in to the hobby in the US. breed the species. and then have the adults/babies all die off despite your dozen years experience in the hobby :(

oh well, new year, new scorps!

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
just to clarify, i didnt spent $1k on scorps, I just meant the money lost in scorplings and such that i had died off (that i had planned on selling after breeding, they were rare, people wanted them)

its just disheartening to try very hard to get a new species in to the hobby in the US. breed the species. and then have the adults/babies all die off despite your dozen years experience in the hobby :(

oh well, new year, new scorps!
Ouch:( Sorry to hear that.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well i got fired from my job the day before thanksgiving (thats $2k before xmas I lost out on).... I dont really care though because in less thant ONE YEAR i will be studying environmental law.. and in 3 I will be practicing it, my first goal is to get every species of T/Scorp in captivity imported to the US (ive got a plan!).

also i will be making like 4 times what the guy who fired me makes!

and my A. minatrix finally mated!!!

sorry if ive been absent lately, or some of my packages over the last month havent been %100 perfect (although everything did arrive alive!), im only mentioning part of the stuff i have had to go through the last 2 months.

i'll be back!