takin care of ewls

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
heres a couple vids that might help answer a few questions, when it comes to haveing success wit these lil buggers!

[YOUTUBE]xw5L02vx0R8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]24LLaBNimpw[/YOUTUBE]

thanx for lookin everyone!

:mask::ninja::cool:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
awesome vids... some good info that ive wondered about was given. thanks

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yep, like your vids a lot. Only thing I wouldn't consider, is handling any Poeci I come across like you do, buddy :)

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I will have to remember this post in case I ever do breed. thanks for putting those together!

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Once they molt to 1i, I will do vid on the new set up they will be going to.

thanx again for lookin, dont hesitate to ask any questions if ya like.

:)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome videos. Thanks for sharing. Any vids of you tumbling the sac? How often, how much? Thanks.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey catfish,...no need to tumble the sac, that was the point of the vid, to show a incubator method for early pullud sacs, that proves that sac tumbling machines are a waste of time and money.....

Awesome videos. Thanks for sharing. Any vids of you tumbling the sac? How often, how much? Thanks.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ah i see. I had a P. regalis sac not long ago, and i pulled it early on accident. I didnt know when it was laid because of the webbing. But when i opened it, it was still eggs. So i webbed it shut with the mothers webbing, and gave it back. Gave it another week, and pulled again. Still eggs. I tried incubating them, and some dried up, some rotted. One actually got a heart looking stripe on it, but then finally molded. Was a total loss. All my fault. From now on, with species like that, im going to leave it with the mother to hatch if i dont know the date laid. Im going to build a different incubator (one like yours), for the regalis sac that was just laid on the 18th. Thanks.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey no prob man.....

...once a sac is opened, its like a open flesh wound, in that it is highly vulnerable to conatmination....so when you put that "open wound" back in the, not so clean enclosure, it quickly became contaminated, and basically got an infection, that spread like wild fire throughout the sac.

This is why, once i opened the sac, I basically quaruantied the it to keep it free of infection...even only touching it minimally, with previously washed hands to insure it healthy progression.

I am by no means sayin, "everyone pull your sac in a week" (lol, jus read that back while i was typing, and that sounds hilaruous)...anyhoo...this is more of a "if you absolulty have to, or make a mistake with dates" (wich like yourself, i did aswell, and eneded up wit 5 survivors), this is what you need to do!

I would prefer to let my sacs go to term with them mom,..though, sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I completely understand that. Thanks for helping out. I will definitely remember that. Sorry you only had 5 left. I let my S. calceatum hatch her sac, simply because i had no idea she evenlaid it. I kept looking everyday, and one day there was 2nd instars runnin around lol. I figure i will only pull sacs that i know the exact date of. I think instead of pulling my regalis sac at day 30, i will give it 34 days simply because it will be weekend then. Still really nervous about incubating even ewls.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dont be nervous :) ...jus keep it clean!

...and at day 34, theres a very good chance they will be 1i's

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh dats perfect!...keep me posted man!

Thanx mods, for the move,..kinda had a feelin it should be here ;)

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The 1st, of the 1i's

#3....almost

update vid....

[YOUTUBE]-J5etiSFZvg[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: