Tailless whip scorpion ID?

Sillver

Arachnosquire
Hello I was given a tailless whip scorpion today because it didn't look too good. It looks like it's missing its whips and one of its legs has a white crust on it it looks like. The person I got it from did not know what species it was I'm hoping someone can help me identify it and can give me some care tips.

To me it looks like a Damon diadema but I'm not sure.

Thanks for any help

Attachments

aphono

Arachnobaron
In case it might be import/dehydration stress, recommend flooding substrate until it's very damp. It is fine if the substrate gets literally flooded. Mist the whole enclosure heavily, get everything wet(try not to get the critter too wet though) & condensation everywhere. Keep it like that for at least a week.

Then keep the humidity pretty high for several more weeks with regular mistings. Any time it is on the substrate- mist hard.

They don't need much ventilation. If using a screen top tank(exo terra tall terrarium for example) covering the top will help hold in the humidity. For front door set ups with ventilation bar also on the front, I cover the tops completely. For top opening enclosures, cover the top completely except leave a finger width gap. Or just a few holes of lid if using a plastic container.

When it starts to recover it will show more of a brown/tannish color. This is a good sign.

Sillver

Arachnosquire
In case it might be import/dehydration stress, recommend flooding substrate until it's very damp. It is fine if the substrate gets literally flooded. Mist the whole enclosure heavily, get everything wet(try not to get the critter too wet though) & condensation everywhere. Keep it like that for at least a week.

Then keep the humidity pretty high for several more weeks with regular mistings. Any time it is on the substrate- mist hard.

They don't need much ventilation. If using a screen top tank(exo terra tall terrarium for example) covering the top will help hold in the humidity. For front door set ups with ventilation bar also on the front, I cover the tops completely. For top opening enclosures, cover the top completely except leave a finger width gap. Or just a few holes of lid if using a plastic container.

When it starts to recover it will show more of a brown/tannish color. This is a good sign.
I did what you said and its looks like its doing better, at least its actually moving fast the color is a little better( not sure if it's me being optimistic). On the day I got it it would just hang on and barely move. Also its eaten 2 medium crickets for me. All I really have to do I wait for it to molt and get its whips back.

Also that white crust that was on one of its legs came off, I think it was most likely dried poop.

I'm going to be buying one of those zoomed bugarium for it this week or would that be to small for it?

aphono

Arachnobaron
Glad it's looking better. By the way, when it's fully recovered it won't be necessary to keep them extremely humid. They're much easier to take care of after recovery. They do appreciate high humidity though. Keep the substrate constantly moist. Regular mistings won't have to be so heavy. You'll get a feeling of what sort of humidity it appreciates eventually. Sitting on the substrate is a clear sign it's wanting more humidity.

Never had a bugarium, but it should be ok. They can be kept in surprisingly small setups. The main things are providing a dark hiding spot plus leaning or horizontal surfaces to molt from. If the bugarium has the fine mesh top(like exo terras do) they will be able to use that for molting. Still, I'd provide a leaning cork bark just in case & it can double for a hiding spot.

It seems bugariums tend to come with supplies. I'd ditch the pine half round & plastic plants are not necessary. Better to get a plain one, toss in some substrate(they do not need much and doing so will take up valuable vertical space), cork piece large enough to lean in there from bottom to top. Purely personal taste, I also like to give a flat vertical surface at least on the back. t's pretty cool to see them spread out on a flat surface- shows off how truly weird their anatomy is. :)