Tailess Whip Scorpion

LittleGremlin

Arachnopeon
After searching and searching for over a year I've finally found a tailess whip scorpion, it will be arriving in the next few days. I've got a basic set up ready for now, arboreal viv, soft bark to climb, water dish, I'm using coconut fiber as substrate, is that suitable or are there better choices for such species. Anything else you'd advise?
TIA

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
After searching and searching for over a year I've finally found a tailess whip scorpion, it will be arriving in the next few days. I've got a basic set up ready for now, arboreal viv, soft bark to climb, water dish, I'm using coconut fiber as substrate, is that suitable or are there better choices for such species. Anything else you'd advise?
TIA
This belongs here: http://arachnoboards.com/forums/true-spiders-other-arachnids.12/

To answer your inquiry: Coco fiber should not be an issue. You stated you have vertical oriented bark for it to climb on, yes? Ensure there is enough room on there for it to molt if it is not a mature specimen. You should post some pictures of your set up in the Forum I linked above. The folks there that keep Amblypygi can better advise you on the more intricate details of their keeping that they have learned over the years.

Cheers and best of luck with your new acquisition.