Tail wags

Aslwyzx

Arachnopeon
My scorpion (Heterometrus Longimanus) wags their tails while hanging their claws up, and sometimes when walking. they are at 3i and in communal setup, there are six of them in total 5 3i and 1 7i...Thats all the info i can give,,, Now this is the question, why are they doing it is it some kind of them bein territorial or nearing to moly or is it just normal for them to do that?

brolloks

Arachnobaron
My Uroplectes also does this. They will "wag", "sway" or "twitch" their tails around when I introduce a feeder into their enclosure. (One Uroplectes per enclosure, not communal ;))

Not really sure why they do this though.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
My Uroplectes also does this. They will "wag", "sway" or "twitch" their tails around when I introduce a feeder into their enclosure. (One Uroplectes per enclosure, not communal ;))

Not really sure why they do this though.
My trio of P. imperator 4i often do that, usually when feeding. It's a form of communication.

Aslwyzx

Arachnopeon
Ohhh good to know, mine does it even though ibdont feed them. thanks for sharing your oppinions :)

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I've seen P. imperator do it. I've also seen my H. jayakari pair do it when they aren't ready for their dinner. That's more to slap prey away though it seems.

Aslwyzx

Arachnopeon
I've seen P. imperator do it. I've also seen my H. jayakari pair do it when they aren't ready for their dinner. That's more to slap prey away though it seems.
I'll try to put some pictures later for you guys to identify if its in premolt cause I also think they are doing this because they are in prmolt stage. :/

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I believe they are sensing prey or other scorps when they do this. Scorp hat sensory "pits" and "hairys" all over their tails