T strimi died while molting I think

Hunter Pitingolo

Arachnopeon
Yesterday day I came home from work and found my 5 inch t stirmi on it's back about to molt so I went ahead and put a towel on the front of her 10 gallon to block out the lights and to make it feel safer. Then this morning I woke up to her in the same position but her abdomen has shrunken so I think she might have gotten stuck and bleed out its Been 14 hours and she hasn't moved from her position and I'd like someone else's opinion on what I should do because I don't wanna jump the gun and disturb her. Snapchat-1458225392.jpg

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Agree! Not a good sign this! I wood wait some more time, but unfortunatly i dont think it made it!?

Hunter Pitingolo

Arachnopeon
It looks like it might have been too dry in there.
On the surface it was in some spots but there's 4-6 inches of moist substrate underneath and she has a hide that has a burrow that goes down into it but it never used it but before I left for work I saw her drinking from her dish

esa space station

Arachnoknight
On the surface it was in some spots but there's 4-6 inches of moist substrate underneath and she has a hide that has a burrow that goes down into it but it never used it but before I left for work I saw her drinking from her dish
They will normally have a goof drink b4 attempting a molt.If u want good humidity in there damp the soil down with water all around her putting a wet towel or similair will block off all the air causing temps to go up and humidity down !wet the substrate next to her aim to get it quite wet not soakjng and keep towel off ! Is it still in same position.on its back ?as long as the legs aint curled in(death pose /unlike molting it should be alright will to be slower to molt when bigger /how is temp is it ok?mite be teking a while to if its to cold .hope this helps

SpaceM

Arachnosquire
I hope things start looking better for her soon. Please keep us updated.

Hunter Pitingolo

Arachnopeon
They will normally have a goof drink b4 attempting a molt.If u want good humidity in there damp the soil down with water all around her putting a wet towel or similair will block off all the air causing temps to go up and humidity down !wet the substrate next to her aim to get it quite wet not soakjng and keep towel off ! Is it still in same position.on its back ?as long as the legs aint curled in(death pose /unlike molting it should be alright will to be slower to molt when bigger /how is temp is it ok?mite be teking a while to if its to cold .hope this helps
My room usually stays around 74-76 but I'm pretty sure she's dead her abdomen looks really deflated

I hope things start looking better for her soon. Please keep us updated.
Unfortunately I believe she has passed. I got her from a pet store that had her in a critter keeper with reptile carpet for a substrate and she apparently bit one of the employees and they dropped her but she seemed fine while she was with me and had no problems eating or kicking hairs at me maybe she had a old injury that I could see or something

Last edited by a moderator:

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
That sucks, I’m so sorry about that but hey at least she was able to enjoy life with you; things like these just happen sometimes and I’m sure that she lived a good life under your care.

Hunter Pitingolo

Arachnopeon
That sucks, I’m so sorry about that but hey at least she was able to enjoy life with you; things like these just happen sometimes and I’m sure that she lived a good life under your care.
Thanks, Ive only had her since December but she was always a blast to work with and had a good personality

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Yesterday day I came home from work and found my 5 inch t stirmi on it's back about to molt so I went ahead and put a towel on the front of her 10 gallon to block out the lights and to make it feel safer. Then this morning I woke up to her in the same position but her abdomen has shrunken so I think she might have gotten stuck and bleed out its Been 14 hours and she hasn't moved from her position and I'd like someone else's opinion on what I should do because I don't wanna jump the gun and disturb her. View attachment 309254
R.I.P. poor little spider . Sometimes molting process is too hard . Wish Tarantulas would evolve better molting skills .