T. Stirmi enclosure

Dragondrool

Arachnosquire
I'm thinking of getting a T. Stirmi, I wonder if a 10 by 19in tank would be large enough? And what would do okay in a terrestrial 8 by 11.5in enclosure? I originally housed my cockroach in there

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Never owned one, but have seen adults in person. I'd give it more area in both dimensions. A guy on the forum made a nice large setup with misting system, it was NICE, but I believe it was his pride and joy more so than others.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I'm thinking of getting a T. Stirmi, I wonder if a 10 by 19in tank would be large enough? And what would do okay in a terrestrial 8 by 11.5in enclosure? I originally housed my cockroach in there
It can kinda work, but there are 3 issues. Too much height, but you can add more substrate dealing with that. Lack of ventilation is another issue regarding air flow. And lastly is the lack of width, which a T. stirmi can easily outgrow it. It can work for a juvie T. stirmi for a little bit into early sub-adult. But note that T. stirmi grows quite quickly with each molt, and it's definitely going to need something bigger in the long run.

BTW, how many T.'s do you own and what are your experiences with T.'s???

Dragondrool

Arachnosquire
It can kinda work, but there are 3 issues. Too much height, but you can add more substrate dealing with that. Lack of ventilation is another issue regarding air flow. And lastly is the lack of width, which a T. stirmi can easily outgrow it. It can work for a juvie T. stirmi for a little bit into early sub-adult. But note that T. stirmi grows quite quickly with each molt, and it's definitely going to need something bigger in the long run.

BTW, how many T.'s do you own and what are your experiences with T.'s???
Ok! I'll save off getting a Stirmi for later in life when I have the right stuff. I'm thinking of a regular tarantula for the tank, then, I've always wanted a Brachypelma species. And I would say my experience is not expert level, I have two tarantulas right now

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Ok, what's a species you WOULD recommend? I'm thinking a Brachypelma, and for the smaller one, what do you think would go good with that? Doesn't have to be a tarantula, I was thinking about getting a scorpian
Brachys are easy enough, you'll just need to mod the lid into acrylic and drill in some vent holes. Also keep in mind, anything other then an adult will be too small for a ten gallon aquarium.

Lots of great species to choose from.