T. stigmurus brood

radicaldementia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey guys, I haven't been around too much lately, but I thought I'd show off my new T. stigmurus babies, the mother popped sometime over the weekend.

Not a large brood, looks to be about 9-10, but it's only her first. I'm not sure on the gestation length, I have to go back and find out the last time she molted, but I think it was something like 5-6 months.

I've had this scorp since she was a little baby, so it's pretty cool that now she has babies of her own :)

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey guys, I haven't been around too much lately, but I thought I'd show off my new T. stigmurus babies, the mother popped sometime over the weekend.

Not a large brood, looks to be about 9-10, but it's only her first. I'm not sure on the gestation length, I have to go back and find out the last time she molted, but I think it was something like 5-6 months.

I've had this scorp since she was a little baby, so it's pretty cool that now she has babies of her own :)
That's not a bad brood size, plus they all seem nice and large. The first brood takes a little longer to pop. I've had my girl produce a brood every 3-5 months.

John

radicaldementia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah I'm sure I'm going to be overrun with the little monsters in a few months.{D

Anyway, I was surprised to find today that the babies already molted to 2nd instar. This leads me to suspect that she actually gave birth sometime last week and I just didn't notice :8o