T pulled cricket into burrow ...

urbitchtina

Arachnopeon
Hi guys!

So today I noticed that Bane (my new T) somehow pulled a cricket into her burrow. Pretty sure it's no longer alive but I'm not sure how to get it out without completely destroying the burrow :( help?

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
There won't be much left anyways and it's nothing to sweat about.
Your T knows what she's doing, many species just hunt this way.

What species are we talking about anyways?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Most of the time, the bolus (leftover exoskeleton of the prey that is crumpled into a ball) is deposited away from the burrow by the T, often in or near a corner. Remove it with tongs. If you don't notice it right away, mold will eventually cover it. Still not the end of the world. Remove it once you notice the mold.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Hi guys!

So today I noticed that Bane (my new T) somehow pulled a cricket into her burrow. Pretty sure it's no longer alive but I'm not sure how to get it out without completely destroying the burrow :( help?
The T is just eating his cricket where he feels secure, if your lucky he will come out and drop his bolus outside of the burrow when he's done. Many of mine leaving them in the water dish, but some will hoard them at the bottom of the burrow lol.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hi guys!

As others have said it is not unusual and most likely it consumed it in there accordingly. Remove the bolus if you notice it.

urbitchtina

Arachnopeon
Okay, thanks guys! The only other T (B. Vagan) that I have had so far is a sling so I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but everyone has been more than helpful! I'm also pretty sure I have seen T' poop for the first time also, haha. VERY interesting if I must say :)