T price ?

Jerry

Arachnobaron
There a h lividum for 100 dollars at a local pet store it's an adult is that about right it seems to me to be expensive

SIM

Arachnopeon
I don't know a ton on H. lividum prices but I've seen worse for adult Ts. If it's a female that could be why as everyone wants an adult female. Also, if you plan on breeding [no matter the sex] think of it as an investment !

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
There a h lividum for 100 dollars at a local pet store it's an adult is that about right it seems to me to be expensive
A bit high, but consider that I always say that with in mind the European (quite cheap) prices. IMO what matters here is the gender, you are never sure with those pet stores, because $100 for an old like hell 1.0 specimen, especially if you aren't into breeding, if you ask me is a waste.

For a female? Well, considering the U.S prices is up to you :)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Too much generally.. $60-80 is much more reasonable..

There are factors to consider though..

Is this a species that is hard to aquire at your local LPS? If so, to have an adult female shipped to you by a board member or retailer will add anywhere from $30-50 in shipping so you are already over the $100 that the T your looking at costs..

Is it captive bred? That can hike up the price a bit. While buying WC T's isn't a huge deal I will always pay a few extra bucks for the piece of mind CB spiders bring.

If it's worth it to you buy it..I'm sure you work hard for your money.. Do what you want with it.. I have slightly overpaid for tarantulas and reptiles over the years because they were available at the time and I wanted them..

They are up there on the scale of advanced species so make sure you are prepared to care for it properly, that's the most important part of the equation..

FlyKiwiFly

Arachnopeon
I still can't get used to your prices, guess not as high demand as in Europe :D
My late H. lividum male was 2" and costed me 20 euros :D

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Yea it's a little expensive for me I don't want this species that bad thank for the info guys
@FlyKiwiFly 29 euros that's like 1000 US dollars isn't it :astonished:

cold blood

Staff member
Seriously...I never get this when it comes up....for a guy in Nebraska...t prices in Europe are utterly and completely MEANINGLESS.....I don't understand why people feel its even relevant to bring up.