T only staying on one side of the tank

TRection

Arachnoknight
For about a week now my A.Genic has only been staying in the right side of the tank, she moves around still but only on that side, i thought maybe the water dish was causing too much humidity or something on the left side so i switched it for a smaller one as well as let the sub dry out on that side but still she doesn't venture over there anymore aside from dumping her bolus in the water dish, is that normal? Im wondering if maybe she just found her new favorite spot or something.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
she doesn't venture over there anymore aside from dumping her bolus in the water dish, is that normal? Im wondering if maybe she just found her new favorite spot or something.
It's normal. My genic sling has a couple of favorite spots too.

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah lately most of mine are stuck to the side or lid.. Especially my Brachys.

No worries!
Kris

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
It's the T's home -- guess he knows where he likes most to lounge. Favourite place could be a difference in lighting, warmth, or be completely random. Sounds normal to me.

TRection

Arachnoknight
Thank you for the replies :D glad to know its normal! thanks everyone.

TRection

Arachnoknight
I think i found out why shes been stayin in one spot lately, i checked on her today and can see that her little butt is starting to turn black and balding even more, i think its safe to assume shes going pre-molt :D this is so exciting this will be the first time for me! i hope everything goes well.

20170709_140903.jpg

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I think i found out why shes been stayin in one spot lately, i checked on her today and can see that her little butt is starting to turn black and balding even more, i think its safe to assume shes going pre-molt :D this is so exciting this will be the first time for me! i hope everything goes well.

View attachment 245463
Pre molt itself doesn't cause balding. The balding is from her laying down urticating setae in preparation for the molt.

I also see that darkening spot. Good luck with the molt.

Last edited:

TRection

Arachnoknight
Pre molt itself doesn't cause balding. The balding is from her laying down irritating setae in preparation for the molt.

I also see thst darkening spot. Good luck with the molt.
thank you :), i should take a new pic today, her abdomen is completely black as of last night, and i just checked on her now and its getting pretty shiny now too:D