T night time activity

Porp

Arachnosquire
My ts all get together at night and play poker... im assuming this due to the pretzels,beer bottles, and stale cigar smoke i find in their cabinet in the mornings
This made me LOL!

Kris M

Arachnopeon
This describes my B. emelia perfectly. She sits there doing nothing except eating. However at night or when I go away for a day or two, I come home/wake up to what looks to be a construction site. I have no idea what her ultimate goal is, but every now and then she will destroy everything she's done and start over again.

Spider being a spider I suppose.

Brachypelmas (smithi & auratum): Petrocks = sit and wait for food to come along just enjoying themself (not matter night / day actually), or sometimes playing bulldozer and moving the majority of the substrate from one corner to the other...(my smithi LOVES digging and/or burying the waterdish "Hey, guess where I hid it this time, keeper?" :D)

Spinster

Arachnosquire
I went away for the weekend and came back to find three out of four of my T's were very busy:

B. smithi: Dug a fortress of solitude underneath her curl of bark. She completely hollowed out underneath the bark and plugged the end of it with the dirt. There are three entrances that I've seen so far. I can see inside her cave because one end of the bark is against the glass.

B. albopilosum sling: Seems to have disappeared. I stirred up the substrate a bit at the surface and found a small, neat hole. I guess he's down there somewhere.

B. vagans: Dug a great hole right down the corner of the enclosure so I can see inside. She sits happily at the bottom of her hole.

G. rosea: Sitting on her big backside right where she was when I left. Pounced on the syringe I use to fill the water dishes. I guess this means I'm going out to buy crickets tomorrow!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No, I didn't want to stress it out with the flashlight pointed on it...and well, one too many glasses of wine sent me to bed.
lol. maybe thats why my male regalis hates me. His very 1st molt in my care kept me up all night. he was about an inch and i held the container in my hand for like 3 hrs watching. AAH TO BE A NOOB AGAIN.

B. albopilosum sling: Seems to have disappeared. I stirred up the substrate a bit at the surface and found a small, neat hole. I guess he's down there somewhere. ...

G. rosea: Sitting on her big backside right where she was when I left.
my advice for the albo is put a crix in there. if its eating youll find it REAL FAST (if your sling is anything like the albo i raised)
...... as far as the rosie goes, id suggest get it knocked up:biggrin: (providing its a MATURE FEMALE) ever since i started pairing my rosie she has been all over the place .. way more active than ive ever seen her

ijmccollum

Arachnosquire
lol. maybe thats why my male regalis hates me. His very 1st molt in my care kept me up all night. he was about an inch and i held the container in my hand for like 3 hrs watching. AAH TO BE A NOOB AGAIN.
Well interestingly, my guys/gals aren't hating me. Shining a light on them at night has kind of emboldened them, with exception of the pedersenei, it's always back in its hide before sun-up....and well hell, the pulchra, I don't hink it ever comes up top side. It has quite the comfy subterranean labrinth.

motomori

Arachnopeon
I am a student with insomnia... I don't sleep much but my T mostly hangs out around the side where I am sitting at (her enclosure is on my desk) and she just goes around, digging a bit, drinking now and than and just strolling around

ijmccollum

Arachnosquire
Wow, lucky you, not that you have insomnia but that you get to see yout T's night time activity. I used to be a night owl but now I have a day job that requires me to be there at 8am sharp. Given the zoo I have at home that requires attention before I leave, I am up by 05:30 and never make it till even midnight anymore.

MourningGory

Arachnopeon
My G. Rosea loves to climb around on the fake plants in her enclosure at night.She is just all around active once the lights go off.

Shay

Arachnopeon
my b.smithi was rearrangin lastr night and my G rosea was webbin up a storm. my others werent doin to much

hermit

Arachnosquire
I always catch my G. pulchripes working on vanquishing all moisture from her enclosure. Every time I top up her water dish, she labours immediately to build up a stack of substrate next to the water dish as a ramp and then uses the ramp to carry bails of coco earth into her water dish until it's filled and then quickly all evaporates. Keeps me busy, that one.

My B. smithi will sit complete still for over 24 hours sometimes. Literally the exact same position. Not frequently, but there have been several days where I've noted this. Snore!