T molting I think and I accidentally moved him a little

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
My A geniculata was weirdly sideways on his enclosure i thought he had died and I reacted by moving the enclosure to look better, his legs twitched... but I actually think he’s molting, can someone help to make sure he’s alright? He was closer to on his back prior to me moving the enclosure.. he just looked weird

Attachments

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
I dripped water in with a small syringe and he just kinda moved, but still in that same spot. So I assume he's alright.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Leave him/her alone, from the pics doesn't seems that something is out of order... access to water, quiet, wait.

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Can't really see what's going on with your photos. It looks like there might be a bit of a web hammock underneath it? If so, that's a pretty good sign it's going to molt pretty soon. My A. geniculata only visibly webs when it's about to flip. However, what I'm seeing could just be reflections and whatever else. And yeah, keep an eye on it, try not to disturb it etc.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
If it is not actively molting, it will soon by the looks of it’s opisthosoma. So, leave it alone.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
the issue is he was like half on his back when I moved it to check him like i do daily when I returned from work.. and now he's not on his back which spooks me.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Should be fine. It’ll flip back over once it senses there’s no danger

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
the issue is he was like half on his back when I moved it to check him like i do daily when I returned from work.. and now he's not on his back which spooks me.
Ts dont like being bothered daily, and especially not when molting the less opening the less possible danger for your animal. advice for whats going one: nothing, as in you do nothing.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Ts dont like being bothered daily, and especially not when molting the less opening the less possible danger for your animal. advice for whats going one: nothing, as in you do nothing.
Well I dont open it everyday I simply turned the enclosure a little as his cave is built on the wall and I can look inside. Anyway he molted today!! So everyone was right for sure.

Attachments

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
Well I dont open it everyday I simply turned the enclosure a little as his cave is built on the wall and I can look inside. Anyway he molted today!! So everyone was right for sure.
congrats mate just like we all said, nothing was the answer.