T man's considering a scorp.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yes, but it lacks any sort of pun ;)

Scorps should have names like....Destroyer ;P

Now, I'm off to PetCo, because the expensive ass heater I bought, rather than the usual brand I get, doesn't get the tank more than 5 degrees warmer than the room. Constant 100 degrees my...nevermind. I'll go now.

N.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I got it! How long should I wait before feeding? It already started digging. Took all of 5 minutes :D

N.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I generaly leave critters about three days -- unless I'm impatient in which case I maybe wait three hours. I have found that most things will eat within hours.

Cheers,
Dave

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
OMG, I love it, I love it. Scorps rock! I still need to do some reading, though.

I'm using a light and a pad to keep the tank toasty, but I don't want the light on too much. Is it ok if the temp gets to 75F at night?

N.

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
my general rule is, nothing under 65
if some species can survive the cold dessert nights, 75 should be fine, i keep my scorps at 75 all day long
and remember, high temp = faster metabolism = shorter life

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Scorpions can easily survive colder temperatures. The one real concern is that their digestive effectiveness is temp-dependent and at the colder temperatures (we are still talking lower than 75 here) they can't digest well. If left for too long at these temperatures, food can actualy rot in their gut. Since they can't regurgitate, they usualy die. As I said, though, we are talking colder than 75 and longer than 12 hours before it becomes a problem.

Cheers,
Dave

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave
Scorpions can easily survive colder temperatures. The one real concern is that their digestive effectiveness is temp-dependent and at the colder temperatures (we are still talking lower than 75 here) they can't digest well. If left for too long at these temperatures, food can actualy rot in their gut. Since they can't regurgitate, they usualy die. As I said, though, we are talking colder than 75 and longer than 12 hours before it becomes a problem.

Cheers,
Dave
Tanks, Dave. You R0xx0r dewd :D

N.

Last edited: