T cabinet/vivarium

Caleb mundy

Arachnopeon
I only have one T ATM but definitely am going to get more. I was thinking about getting a large vivarium and heating that, then placing the ts in there enclosures into the heated viv.
Has anyone done this or have any similar ideas?

My house is so cold in the winter so it's hard to maintain a good temp in my room so that's why I'm thinking about the viv

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I only have one T ATM but definitely am going to get more. I was thinking about getting a large vivarium and heating that, then placing the ts in there enclosures into the heated viv.
Has anyone done this or have any similar ideas?

My house is so cold in the winter so it's hard to maintain a good temp in my room so that's why I'm thinking about the viv
That could work quite well. Just keep the direct heat off the bottom of the actual tarantula enclosure.
An oil filled radiator space heater for the room might be a possibility too.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
I'd just go with a high quality space heater. The vivarium idea sounds cool but a ton of work and as @Walker253 mentioned, you'd need to be super careful to keep direct heat from them. You could get the same result with much less work if you just buy a good space heater. A space heater will also be better as your collection grows because it can heat a whole room whereas your vivarium will eventually run out of space.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I don't know how the ventilation would work. Especially for more fragile species that really can't handle stuffy conditions.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
You're better off having a space heater near your T shelf. Making a cabinet can complicate things. Ventilation is often the biggest issue.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
You're better off having a space heater near your T shelf. Making a cabinet can complicate things. Ventilation is often the biggest issue.
This is a good point. Inside that vivarium you'd need to figure out a way to circulate air otherwise you won't get nearly enough ventilation. Especially for species that require plenty of it.

RemyZee

Arachnosquire
I second (third, fourth?) the space heater suggestions. While a viv would look cool and could work, a heater would be the safer bet. :embarrassed: Welcome to the wonderful world of tarantula keeping!