T. blondi sling. Will this suffice?

BrokenLegBaboon

Arachnosquire
Hi! I’ve recently acquired a Theraphosa blondi sling. I was shooting for a T.stirmi but a sudden change of fate had me with a T.blondi.

The sling is almost 2-2.5” and I have it on a vermiculite/coco peat mix with plenty of sphagnum moss on top. Also have a waterdish with some sphagnum moss too. Will this suffice?

Note: I also placed a lot of ventilation since I live in an area where the humidity is almost always at 90-100%. I also have my T rack beside my aquariums which I’m thinking would help in maintaining the humidity for the spoods.

BrokenLegBaboon

Arachnosquire
Here is the enclosure I’ve made. I made a lot of holes since it gets really hot in my place sometimes and I’ve heard from my fellow keepers here that they had their die from high spikes in temperature. F3115170-E67C-40C1-8248-456ECEDBF7C8.jpeg 511F982F-9B9B-4C5D-8101-785435F8BA58.jpeg

MoranDisciple

Arachnosquire
Here is the enclosure I’ve made. I made a lot of holes since it gets really hot in my place sometimes and I’ve heard from my fellow keepers here that they had their die from high spikes in temperature. View attachment 322904 View attachment 322905
Looks great but that top layer of sub pooks pretty wet. If the ambient humidity in your area is 90-100%, you can safely allow the top layer of sub to dry out

esa space station

Arachnoknight
Here is the enclosure I’ve made. I made a lot of holes since it gets really hot in my place sometimes and I’ve heard from my fellow keepers here that they had their die from high spikes in temperature. View attachment 322904 View attachment 322905
More than alright .bear in mind humidity(dampness of substrate(is vital to a delicate sling.they are more tolerant of drier conditions when older

BrokenLegBaboon

Arachnosquire
More than alright .bear in mind humidity(dampness of substrate(is vital to a delicate sling.they are more tolerant of drier conditions when older
I added the ventilation since I’m leaning on the more damp side. This will do I guess? I have tried this setup before with lesser ventilation and it took almost took a month before there was a noticeable change in the moisture. That’s why I added a lot of ventilation since I’m avoiding “stuffy air” or maybe steaming the blondi when it becomes too hot.

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
Take the moss out of the water dish, It won't drown, and it'll have easier access to the water.