T.blondi- R.i.p.

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
My male blondi died yesterday.Found him in the classic,legs curled under pose.Stiff as a board.While it's always sad to lose a T, he had an exceptionally long life for a male.He was approaching five years.Raised him from a little guy.Always hoping he would turn out to be a she,but thats life.I'll be looking out for a definite female,soon as I can afford it.

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry

So sorry for your loss. :(

He did live a long life, thanks to you and you alone....but it must be hard to lose such a gorgeous creature that you raised from baby.

---
Wendy
---

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
Wendy,
Thanks for the kind words.Yes it's always sad to lose a magnificent critter and as you say especially when you have raised it from a little 'un.I will have to replace him though,as I just love the giant T's.Still got L.parahybana,A.geniculata,G.aurieostriata and a hysterocrates baboon in the "big" leauge.
George

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Sorry too hear that George you can get attached to tho's big S/A species males i know i missed my first L.para when he went 3.5 years was a long time for a male to go, just out of interest was he adult for close to 5 years i can remember a story about a male blondi doing 7 years i don’t know if that was total life or adult life i was not sure if the was any truth in the story but that looks more lightly you have had one for close to 5.

firefox2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am so sorry, it must be so hard to lose a special T like that. He did live a long time, I am sure he had a great life with you :(

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about your loss, i'd be crushed if my Blondi died...though she is a female so she should have many years ahead of her....

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
FryLock said:
Sorry too hear that George you can get attached to tho's big S/A species males i know i missed my first L.para when he went 3.5 years was a long time for a male to go, just out of interest was he adult for close to 5 years i can remember a story about a male blondi doing 7 years i don’t know if that was total life or adult life i was not sure if the was any truth in the story but that looks more lightly you have had one for close to 5.
Thanks,Bill.No five years was his total lifespan. Funnily enough he was still eating two weeks ago.I would imagine the male blondi you heard about would have to be 7 years total.Although a friend of mine who has been keeping and breeding T's for 20 years tells me that she believes 5 to be more or less max for male blondi.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
I was thinking it was a tall tale too I cant remember if it was told to me or read but 7 once mature with a T.blondi sounded wrong after all It’s known females don’t always make old bones once full size.

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
Thanks guys for all your condolences on my late blondi.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Male Blondi...

I am sorry for your loss. I hope you can obtain a female, as you would have many more years with one. It sounds like your male had a full life.