T. blondi breeding (video)

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I bred my T. blondi pair foreverago and suddenly decided to upload the video. Here's a short clip of a sequence I took. I don't think there was any insertion here but I thought this video was the coolest. Keep in mind it's T breeding so viewer discretion is advised lol :D The female is absolutely ginormous, challenging-if not bigger than robc's. Won't say for sure since the last molt got destroyed by a carelessly tossed backpack :wall: As you can see, she was extremely well fed just before mating. Her abdomen is as big as a raquetball :eek: The male is pretty darn big too. All legs and full of attitude! He's about 9"+, keep that in mind when the tank-of-a-female comes stomping and drumming out. Whoops don't want to spoil it :D Anyway take a look. I thought it was a pretty cool video. I thought :rolleyes:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7QiNRH8IfM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7QiNRH8IfM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry for the quality. This video was taken with my digital camera not my video camera.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Do you have any photo's of her tank. It looks like south america :eek:

Later, Tom

Pokerplayer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Holy smokes

Yaa...thats a big mamma :D
Looks like mission imposible.

But i have 2 agree....REALLY cool setup u got there.
One of the best i have seen so far, and i have seen blondi IRL in the amazone.
Could u possibly make a videotour in normal light around the cage so we could enjoy it all??

And take your time while doing it and do it from different angels.
Would be really cool :)

Thx and gl from here

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea, I'll chime in on the set-up too. Looks like something to look at for hours. Good work!

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lol Okay I'll upload a couple pics in a second...Not to brag or anything, but yes it's an awesome setup. One of my personal favorites. It's a 54 gallon "corner" tank. It's filled with just over a foot of peat substrate. When I got the tank and filled it with the dirt, I added a log in the center and planted two ferns one on each side. After two months of the blondi not digging a burrow, I did it for her. It's a bit big for her but she "re-modelled" it lol. It's a year later now, and moss and small ferns from fern spores have taken over the bottom of the tank. I've got so many pics but I'll try to find the tank when I originally set it up and I'll take one of it now. As for the lighting, I've got an aquarium hood on it with a dual daylight 10,000k bulb along with a dual actinic bulb; one reason why those ferns do so well. I just had the actinic bulb running when I took that video, apparently T's can't see that wavelength or something. I'm going to roundup some pictures in a second....oh and thanks for the comments everybody :D

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Alrighty all set. I was unable to load the pics of the tank when I first set it up, had flash drive trouble. Anyway here is a front view of the entire tank now (minus the stand). On top is a P. parvula and a new B. fusca colony in case anybody is wondering. I also forgot to mention there is a little pitcher plant in there too :) Sorry but the flash really lightened everything...

Here's her lair!!!!! lol Lots of small ferns growing throughout the entrance...

Here's a different angle of the tank...the pitcher plant is in the back.

Here's a picture of the ferns and mosses sprouting on the "forest floor" :D

And lastly, another view of my T. blondi enclosure...

Pokerplayer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That is just so awsome m8!! :clap:
It really looks like a forrest floor.
If im gonna turn up a blondi in my next life, i wonna live right there *LOL*

Anyway...the small plants in the intrance dosent look much like ferns.
I think u got some plantspors from another plant when u bought the ferns (sry bout the spelling) But the are still cool and only great if the stay small.
Ferns looks just like a big ferns even when the are very small and yours dont do that imo.

Sad the moss is not green and growing.
That might be the light or even the heat...not really sure.

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've seen some pretty amazing tanks before; that is definetly one of them! were the ferns easy to grow?

Atreyuhero4

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
good at building tanks and also into t blondis

are you related to Robc by any chance? maybe a lost brother

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is just so awsome m8!! :clap:
It really looks like a forrest floor.
If im gonna turn up a blondi in my next life, i wonna live right there *LOL*

Anyway...the small plants in the intrance dosent look much like ferns.
I think u got some plantspors from another plant when u bought the ferns (sry bout the spelling) But the are still cool and only great if the stay small.
Ferns looks just like a big ferns even when the are very small and yours dont do that imo.

Sad the moss is not green and growing.
That might be the light or even the heat...not really sure.
I don't know how well you can see it, but if you look extremely closely at the "forest floor" pic, you can see some darker green looking little tiny leaf things growing on the soil below everything else. This is what all of those little plants emerged from. A couple you can see this in process. They are definitely a sporophyte plant or whatever the heck my biology teacher said but I don't really know. Whether they get big or not, they grow extremely slow so I love them and don't care. And yeah, that moss for some reason will just not take in any of my tanks. It dries up and turns yellow, no matter how moist I keep it what light I use etc. It must be the kind that needs real acidic water and has to grow on logs or something. I replace just the yellow stuff every once and a while with fresh green moss. I'll take a pic for ya the next time I do...

I've seen some pretty amazing tanks before; that is definetly one of them! were the ferns easy to grow?
Actaully they were very easy to grow. All I did was plant them in the tank with a focus on the optimum Theraphosa parameters and they did the rest. I trim them back a bit every month or so, but these are a small fern that are supposed to get no bigger than a foot and a half (they only have a foot of room). I've only fertilized them in the year that I've had them I think twice. The humidity is always very very high and tank temps are 80+ in the day and 70+ at night.

good at building tanks and also into t blondis

are you related to Robc by any chance? maybe a lost brother
That would be cool, hope he puts all of his stuff in his will for me if it's true lol jk

Thanks a ton for all of the comments everybody!!!! I'll have to upload a few more pics since you guys enjoyed that tank so much. I've got a 150 gallon tall show tank divided into four separate tanks with different pokies in each one. They have big pieces of cork and big rabbits foot ferns everywhere. Pretty cool. I've also got a couple hexagon tanks, one with bamboo and ivy the other with a beautiful bromeliad. A couple more are in the making too, when I'm all done and am not busy I'll make a video tour of all of my T stuff since nobody really knows what I have :8o Thanks again!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
:clap: Outstanding enclosure!! Let's see the other ones!

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:clap: Outstanding enclosure!! Let's see the other ones!
Thanks!!! I'll get a "CodeWilster's Enclosures Picture Thread" going, so be on the lookout for that sometime soon. This one was just supposed to be about the video lol

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks!!! I'll get a "CodeWilster's Enclosures Picture Thread" going, so be on the lookout for that sometime soon. This one was just supposed to be about the video lol
Oh oh oh well then congrats on the breeding! :D

I can't wait for that picture thread.

Hey man, what part of Northern CA are you located at?

spiderpixie

Arachnopeon
Did anyone see that lil pink thing on the wall next to the tank in the first pic on the sixth post? I made that for him :) cuz he's perfect

Last edited:

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Did anyone see that lil pink thing on the wall next to the tank in the first pic on the sixth post? I made that for him :) cuz he's perfect
Yes , I saw it and thought I want one of those pink things on the wall next to my 54 gallon natural set up for a breeding pair of blondi. Its awesome !

Later, Tom;)