1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Cronoss, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Cronoss

Cronoss Arachnoknight Old Timer

this is my goliath pinkfoot
    they look great at this stage.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2003
  2. Cronoss

and another

Attached Files:

3. MrT

MrT Arachnoking Old Timer

That is a great looking T.
    It should be call Pink foot. LOL
    Sure is leggy. How big is it now? And how big do they get when full grown?

4. Cronoss

I'm sorry it is a goliath pinkfoot.
    that was a type-o
  5. Henry Kane

Henry Kane Arachnoprince Old Timer

Very nice! That second pic looks like there's about to be a kicking-storm. LOL! :)

6. Cronoss

You know it!!!
  7. invertepet

invertepet Arachnolord Old Timer

Here's one further on in years...

Attached Files:

8. dennis

dennis Arachnodemon Old Timer

Wow, they are truly amazing!!
    Are they as 'agressive' as the T. Blondi? I do like the Blondi, and this one, but IMO I'm too unexperienced to keep those spiders...

9. I have found T. apophysis to be very similar to T. blondi in most respects . IME they are a little more nervous and more prone to defensive behavior. I also find their urticating hairs to be more irritating than those of T. blondi.

10. invertepet

I suspect some T. apophysis adult females could be more 'jittery' and prone to scooting around because they're just a bit more 'svelte' and leggier than bulkier, heavier T. blondi females.

Just my strictly un-scientific theory, mind you. ;)

11. That seems like a reasonable theory to me. It can make them a tad more 'interesting' to deal with though. I recently attempted to mate my mature male with my probably not so mature female. I may post the one photo I was able to get before I had to go running through the house after two of those "svelte" hair- kickers.:)
  12. invertepet

Wish me luck, then... Because I have the same thing planned for tonight! Here's our resident male.

Attached Files:

13. petitegreeneyes

petitegreeneyes Arachnoprince Old Timer

Wow guys. I didn't realize that they get so pretty. Both of them are quite nice specimens of that species. Makes me want to add one to my collection.
  14. Joy

Joy Priestess of Pulchra-tude Old Timer

I agree! There's nothing cuter than one of these little long-legged pink-footed babies, although I have been pleasantly surprised to see how attractive the mature specimens can be, too :)

15. Philth

Philth N.Y.H.C. Arachnosupporter

I just got one today. I cant wait for it to get bigger.
  16. Bob the thief

Bob the thief Arachnoknight

Odd I saw a few of them at a reptile show I was under the impression they looked almost exactly like T. blondis
  17. Valael

Valael Arachnodemon Old Timer

Yeah, most pictures I've seen make them look like a skinny, leggy T. Blondi.

But I guess lighting makes a lot of unseen colors come out.
  18. invertepet

Mature male T. apophysis display striking purple iridescence, one of the things that makes them stand out from their blondi cousins. The females do have long reddish-burgundy hairs on their legs, but as they get closer to their next molt and more brownish, those hairs blend in more and the morphologic differences become more important, like thinner, more spiny legs and more elongate or ovoid cephalothorax.