T Apophysis, not Stirmi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPG

Auto-Disclaimer Enabled
I've recieved two stirmis last week, one of them I can confirm as stirmi (second picture) but the other one seems to be an Apophysis (first pic). Could anyone confirm that?

Attachments

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
I believe they are both T. stirmis. But hey! If you get that lucky you should buy me some slings. ;)

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Needs a better picture from above instead of the front. Looks to be another stirmi to me.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
As Liquifin said an overhead shot would help, but I agree that also looks like T. stirmi. Also stirmi that size are captive bred, and it would be unlikely that a vendor would send you slings from two different clutches. If one is stirmi, it’s likely they both are.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Here's a simple Theraphosa id trick. Works until you can't see the pink on the feet anymore.

No pink feet = blondi
Leg pair I and ii pink= stirmi
All pink feet= apophysis.

I'll let you get it from there. ;)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
You know I am also confused on what goes where.
If someone is asking for feedback on the correct species for an specific individual in their possession, then it should go into the Species Identification Gallery.
If someone is interested in knowing what physical characteristics can help them to differentiate between species generally, then that would go into a post in Tarantula Chat.
Neither belong in Tarantula Questions and Discussions... unless this post is somehow impacting the hobby on a whole.

cold blood

Staff member
If someone is interested in knowing what physical characteristics can help them to differentiate between species generally, then that would go into a post in Tarantula Chat.
This would be discussions, not chat;)

Status
Not open for further replies.