Swimming Noodles For Shipping

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
2B61A9E4-35F3-40A2-B267-E95D3349760D.jpeg
6BDF9BC7-5B77-4347-A2FC-5A29AA3A3826.jpeg 9D80A0A3-2B62-4BB7-AD65-AC9D323C583E.jpeg B83AFDF8-CD19-434E-8193-F9D9008842E7.jpeg 3B91AA0B-B5B6-466D-8B5C-93424EF3A41F.jpeg Good afternoon! This post is for those who like to try a different method of shipping tarantulas. So depending on quantity of tarantulas you can use swimming noodles to secure and safer transport of your tarantulas. The swimming noodles can be cut in different sizes depending of the size of your shipping styrofoam box. As seen on the photo you can place the vial of the tarantula inside the noodle, whether is towards the front, middle or back end of the noodle. You can add as many vials as you can fit in the noodle. When placing the heat pack or cold pack in the styrofoam box it can be stored freely. No matter what type of movement of the heat pack or cold pack it will never be close to the vial of the tarantula that it is in. If it helps, you can always tape the heat pack or cold pack to the side of the styrofoam box. The other great thing about the swimming noodles it can be placed anywhere in the styrofoam box with no newspaper or peanuts to use. In my opinion it should help a little with the weight of the box. It really should weigh a lot less than if you were using peanuts or newspaper.

There are the thicker swimming noodles that can be purchased at Walmart for $6.00 or the thinner swimming noodles for $1.00 at the dollar stores.

See attachments:

StampFan

Arachnodemon
View attachment 277832
View attachment 277833 View attachment 277834 View attachment 277835 View attachment 277836 Good afternoon! This post is for those who like to try a different method of shipping tarantulas. So depending on quantity of tarantulas you can use swimming noodles to secure and safer transport of your tarantulas. The swimming noodles can be cut in different sizes depending of the size of your shipping styrofoam box. As seen on the photo you can place the vial of the tarantula inside the noodle, whether is towards the front, middle or back end of the noodle. You can add as many vials as you can fit in the noodle. When placing the heat pack or cold pack in the styrofoam box it can be stored freely. No matter what type of movement of the heat pack or cold pack it will never be close to the vial of the tarantula that it is in. If it helps, you can always tape the heat pack or cold pack to the side of the styrofoam box. The other great thing about the swimming noodles it can be placed anywhere in the styrofoam box with no newspaper or peanuts to use. In my opinion it should help a little with the weight of the box. It really should weigh a lot less than if you were using peanuts or newspaper.

There are the thicker swimming noodles that can be purchased at Walmart for $6.00 or the thinner swimming noodles for $1.00 at the dollar stores.

See attachments:
Pipe insulation is a similar option.

cold blood

Staff member
I kept one of these my neighbor was tossing out...now I have the perfect delivery method...brilliant Jose. I will test it next week.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I kept one of these my neighbor was tossing out...now I have the perfect delivery method...brilliant Jose. I will test it next week.
Just make sure you tell the new owner of the spider to use the eraser side of a pencil to push out the bottom end of the vial very gently.