1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Swift's Invertebrates (www.swiftinverts.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by Matt, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Advertisement
    Positive

I ordered 3 slings from Swifts and I got 4 plus he also sent me a few pinhead crickets. I was concerned about a safe arrival with it being so hot here. They were packed well and arrived in good shape in 1 day. Good job Kelly!!!!!!!!!

2. spidergoddess

spidergoddess spidergoddess Old Timer

Swifty Rules![/b]

I'm a multiple-repeat customer here, and as ever, am more than satisfied with the spiders in my order. Two P. cancerides, two V. platyomma, and a freebie B. sabulosum. (I love surprise freebies! And I've always been thrilled with the freebies I have gotten from Swift's. In fact, I probably never would have bought any P. cancerides, but got one as a freebie two years ago and it has turned out to be my favorite spider - and I've bought three more.) The B. sabulosum is something I've had on my want list, so I'm very happy to have it. Can't say enough good things about Swift's Inverts. Great customer service, great shipping service, great packing of spiders, excellent quality healthy animals, and the web site is fantastic - easy to use and it's really nice to be able to use PayPal.

Thanks, Kelly! I'll be back...

3. calestus

calestus Arachnosquire Old Timer

*sigh*

Neutral on communications.

Positive on service, shipping, and healthy animals. (In the end whats most important!)

Please read my quote in Mr. Swifts post of the original review.

Due to my brain taking a vacation I wrote Mr. Swift a bad review on what I was completly positive, and would have sworn by, true and accurate information. After sitting down and thinking about it would like to thank him for pointing it out and giving me EXACTLY what I had asked for. No one could ask for more.

I have always been told to think before I spoke...unfortunatley I did not apply that to typing...

My apologies and a A++ review for excelent service, shipping, healthy vibrant animals, and a small bit of re-education.

EricK

Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  4. Swifty

Swifty Arachnobaron Old Timer

Ok Erick, If you insist on peppering your review with lies thats fine, but let me tell my side of it, and you might find out how great of a deal you got...

First of all, I didn't get your order before the boxes were already taken and delivered for that Thurs., I'm sorry you lost such sleep.
    I spoke with your wife on the phone, and explained it.

"So I emailed him on friday 13th and since my order hadn't shipped yet I asked if the freebie could be a sling."

Thats a lie, you never said anything about a sling. You said..."Is there anyway I could bias your freebie to be one of
    the larger arachnid species?"

"also that I was a member of this board...well he didnt apply the 10% off (Which I could really care less about) but neither did I get a sling...Ho-Hum. No reply to that email either."

First of all, I didn't see a need in answering you back, I had just talked to your wife, and I planned on giving the feebie you wanted, and asked for. You placed the order first before you said anything about being a member, and my shopping cart doesn't know who is a member or not, you just followed the wrong procedure to get the discount.

"Although one of the scorps had a broken leg. If he ever answers my emails I'd love to business with him again. The animals were beautiful and healthy and the shipping part was great... Just no communication."

The fact is I gave you an adult H. longimanus, instead of the 2" that you paid for. It had just molted a week prior, and it looked perfect to me, and I never noticed a thing wrong with it's leg....but, I'll give you the benefit on that, cause I can't prove anything. Then you ordered an Emperor scorpion, and I gave you two of them. The whole order was $60 shipping and all, so you made out like a bandit. I took very good care of you and Jamie.

I do admit, I get tons of email, and can't keep up, but I figured we were strait on what was going on, I didn't think I had to keep reasureing you. You have no idea how much pressure i'm under taking care of so many animals and having to answer 30-50 emails a day. The emails will suffer before the animals will....they have a new invention called the telephone.

I have no choice but to take your one sided, false accusing review Erick, most people know me better than that. :mad:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2004
  5. brachy3

brachy3 Arachnopeon

Swift's Inverts rocks!

I would just like to point out the wonderful service that I have had from Swift's Invertebrates.
    I have ordered from them three times now, and each time I have been happy to recieve healthy, very well packed spiders. I think that if someone threw that box, none of the spiders in side would have been the slightest bit injured!
    I give this seller an A++++++++ rating!
    Always polite and eager to answer questions, and great quality spiders to boot!
    thanks again Swift's and I highly reccomend you!

6. Smulkin

Smulkin Arachnopeon

serious kudos

What can I say other than a reputation earns its own!

Ordered 3 spiderlings from Kelly yesterday online - made a quick call to confirm stock - paid PayPal- ZERO problems. Good communication and email follow up and lo and behold here right about 24 hrs later 4 spiderlings on my desk here at work - all healthy and in perfect shape.

Seriously well-done packing here, kids - and the free Chaco and feeders were just the icing on the cake. You'd seriously need to shoot yourself in the foot to have any problems with Swift!

7. snakezen

snakezen Arachnopeon

Swift Invertebrates

Dear fellow forum members,

I wanted to post my purchasing experience with Kelly Swift, owner and operator of Swift Invertebrates (www.swiftinverts.com). Kelly is a great individual to work with. My first pre-purchase experience with Kelly was when he helped me to "sex" a pink toe tarantula over the phone, a difficult process indeed. Since then Kelly has spent considerable time with me on the phone discussing scorpions (my primary interest) and tarantulas (which I keep for behavioral comparative purposes only). I have now purchased several different scorpion species from Kelly, including one that Kelly provided as part of his "always a freebie" plan. I am extremely happy with Kelly and his products and services and will continue to purchase different scorpion species through him as I continue to extend my collection of scorpion species, which now numbers 17 different species variety. My hobby and research interest here is the study of cross species complex scorpion behaviors, which include the possible use of primitive tools by these animals.

Sincerely,

<edited>

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2005
  8. Taco Pope

Taco Pope Arachnopeon

POSITIVE

I ordered a B. smithi from Swift's. It was extremly well packed and in excellent health. I got a 10% discount for being an arachnoborads member, a free B. vagan spiderling, and a vial of pinhead crickets.

That kind of deal can't be beat. I will definitely be ordering from him again.

9. snakezen

snakezen Arachnopeon

Positive

Just received another shipment of scorpions from Kelly and as before spectacular specimens and service. The thick tailed black spitting scorp was so large I asked Kelly if he could ship me the saddle that goes with him. ;)

10. WhyTeDraGon

WhyTeDraGon Arachnoprince Old Timer

Got my first order of slings from Swift's today, and they are great!!
    And I got an AWESOME freebie, plus some pinhead crickets!

Nicely packed, and healthy animals!
    Will be doing business with him again soon!

~Crystal

11. Swifts Invertebrates

I 've delt with swifty in the past and that is why I keep dealing with him. I bought two Scolopendra gigantea gigantea and one Scolopendra gigantea robusta all were beautiful and in the peak of health. He also gave me a free baby King baboon. :)
    Take care,
    HorridumAngeli

12. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Arachnobaron Old Timer

Positive plus!

I just ordered a bunch of slings and some millipedes. I decided to use 2 day shipping. Well, it took 5 days! Something delayed the shipment and the weekend added another 2 days. The package arrived on the 5th day. That packing was SO well done that everything was alive, including the emergency food supply pinheads! That was some life-saving packing there, that saved me a bundle! Whew!!!

Then, to top it off, Kelly put three, yeah! THREE! - freebies in with the order! If I could do backflips, I would still be doing them! I loved the choice of freebies. This is the second time I have done business with Kelly and he has again made me feel like he gives it all he's got, and then a little more.

13. EvilCactus

EvilCactus Arachnopeon

Positive

I just ordered a B. auratum and an A. minatrix sling from Swifty. I got a G. aurostriata as a freebie. Very nice packing, everything was alive and healthy. Can't thank him enough!

14. snakezen

snakezen Arachnopeon

Positive

Wanted to commend Kelly for following up and calling me when several species that I was interested came in. Unfortunately I was not in a position to buy (ran out of space) however I wanted everyone to know that Kelly and his company swirtinverts.com is a great resource.

15. POSITIVE

My first non-spider order, but he had baby AGBs and I've been trying for 2= years to get a viable colony going. I believe I've got the critical mass now, in another year. The little fellow range from 4-6" in lenght and were in fine shape when they arrived. Using any discount to apply to freebie I got 7 seweet little millis. They are eating like little race horses and I'll post thei picture in the myriopods section asap

Thanks once again Kelly for a job well done :worship: :worship:

16. Jason la Jason

Jason la Jason Arachnosquire Old Timer

Positive

My first AA arrived healthy and happy, kelly's packaging skill is #1, thanks a bunch!

17. shogun804

shogun804 Arachnogeneral Old Timer

VA
    Positive

This was my first online purchase and lets just say i could not be more happy the service was great everything was on time which is very important...the packing was incredible,when i opened the package i thought i was breaking into vault thats how secure these T's were,an all out perfect job...on a scale of 1 -10 this gets an 11... :clap:

i would strongly recommend this website/certified arachnodealer to anyone that wants to purchase anything relating to T's and other inverts..wake up and smell the roses people...KELLY SWIFT IS THE WAY TO GO..... :clap: {D :clap:

thank you kelly swift for your time with my order and the freebies that came a long with it definitly not expected and very very suprised thanks again for an all out fantastic job...
    DAVID PECK :D

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  18. andy83

andy83 Arachnoknight Old Timer

Well, what can I say.......WOW! This place is the way to go. His T's and other wildlife that I know of are just in VERY EXCELLENT condition. -and he's so helpfull. WOW - I could go on and on and on about this place....it's very hard to sum up all of the good things. I would totally recommend Kelly Swift to anyone who wants to go to the BEST place I've even been to...and to top it all off his prices are very good as well....and there is always a freebie!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

19. BugToxin

BugToxin Arachnoknight Old Timer

I would have to give Kelly Swift the "Mostest-Bestest-Coolest Online Dealer With Stuff I Want To Buy" award. I recently purhcased a G. pulchra, and a P. murinis sling from him and recieved them both in excellent health along with a G. aureostriata as a freebie that was also in perfect condition. I placed my order at about 2:00 p.m. mountain time in Denver, and picked up my package the next morning at about 10:00 a.m.. I am new to keeping T's, and didn't even know about the Chaco untill I got one for free. Now that I do, I know I would have bought one anyway. I was a bit hesitant to order live bugs through the mail, but this experience has made me a believer. I will probably never buy another T from a petstore again, and unless I get the hankering for something that Kelly doesn't have (which is highly unlikely since he seems to have nearly everything that is currently available) I will probably never buy from anyone else online either. He has a truly groovy business!!!

20. Greaper

Greaper Arachnosquire Old Timer

Swifty Is The Man!

:D POSITIVE :D

I order from swifts everyonce and a while and I have to say, Kelly is the nicest guy in the buisness. He has an Awesome selection of Inverts, If not the best on the internet. If you havent done an order with swifts, I command you to do so! :D

Thanks Kelly for all of the Great Inverts you have provided me with. You are a true value to the hobby. :D :D :D

Yours Truly,

James Ford :D