1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Swift's Invertebrates (www.swiftinverts.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by Matt, Jul 18, 2002.

1. jayspider

jayspider Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    100% Happy

I was very Happy my order from Swift Great packaging Arrived on time. Everyone was alive and appear fine I will recommend Swift's and plan to order again

2. Positive ++++

First T's! Smooth transaction and amazing packaging. Everyone arrived safe and sound. Thank you Kelly! :)

3. Tim Benzedrine

Tim Benzedrine Prankster Possum Arachnosupporter

Very, very positive!

Positive!

I received my shipment today. It was a gift from my nephew, and a very close friend from far away. It was she who handled the ordering phase of the transaction as well.

I had desired an A geniculata.and that was what I thought I was going to get plus the traditional freebie. but when she messaged me to let me know that the order had been placed, she mysteriously said, "I just hope you have a few extra containers kicking around!"

As I found out after receiving the order, it turns out she had indeed ordered the A. geniculata, but asked for more and told Swifty to pick out some nice ones that he though I would enjoy.

And that he did! Plus they had set it up for second day, but it came in overnight!

Swifty chose a nice list of popular species, and picked very nice specimens of them. Other than B. smithi, which was my first tarantula years ago that unfortunately I bought as an adult and it soon moulted male and I have desired another one since, all will be new specimens for me, adding to my excitement!

A. geniculata (Self chosen)
    B. smithi
    G. pulchripes
    E. campestratus
    L. pyrahybana
    Hapolopus sp. Pumpkin Patch

That last one was new to me, and wow, it is a beauty! It is fast, but won't try to kill me. A plus in my book. I'm glad he picked it.
    The spiders he sent were also bigger than I expected!

And the packaging was exemplary. I've read in reviews that his T's could withstand an earthquake the way he packages them. Well, Ive also heard that if there was a nuclear holocaust only cockroaches would survive. They would not be alone if Swifty had packed some spiders for the event! It was meticulously packaged, the vials were labeled on the lids with abbreviations, and on the packing list was a key to what the abbreviations stood for. there was a cold pack inside because even though summer has passed, it is still hot enough to overheat spiders considering the channels they travel through in order to arrive at their destination. A picture is worth a thousand words, though, so I'll let the evidence speak for itself! Gee, I hope packing is not a trade secret!

And rats, I ran out of attachment allotment before getting to the treasures within. I'll have to revert back to textual description for the reamining packing job.* Next in the layer was a medium-sized deli container and securely nestled within paper towels were two layers of vials, very well cushioned.
    *(I wanted to save the last allotted photo attachment for the "proof in the pudding" with one of the denizens a vial contained, my new A. geniculata! (I'm not big on naming crawly critters, but I'll think of it as "Sherbu" in recognition of the people who gifted me with it and the rest.)
    Looks like I'll have s future hair kicker on my hands. And arms, etc. :D

Also in the package was Swifty's trademark "Just in Case" vial of pinhead crickets, some deli cups for rehousing, a general care sheet, a nice business card, and of course the packing slip.
    Bottom line, my worries about receiving inverts online were allayed, at least when it comes to ordering from Swift's Inverts. Recommended!

Attached Files:

4. High Lord Dee

High Lord Dee Arachnosquire

Positive!

Just completed a transaction with Swift's Inverts. I ordered a Northern Black Widow and a Venezuelan Sun Tiger. Much to my surprise, he included a freebie Oklahoma Brown sling. PLUS, he included a dozen small crickets just in case.
    A++ vendor and will definitely do business again. Thanks.

5. Swift Inverts Review!!!

[YOUTUBE]ZfA0ZW0cR7w&list=UUCB-N3MBXAsAV-eBkgc6XYg[/YOUTUBE]

My review of Swift Inverts. The packaging was superb as always with Kelly Swift, and both of my slings were very alive. I received two papers, one receipt and a swifts care guide. All in all it was a wonderful experience. He was very quick with communication and easy to work with! Enjoy!!

6. chewbaca

chewbaca Arachnopeon

Positive!
    I just received my B. Vagans and G. Pulchripes slings today plus I got a B. Albopilosum (sp?) freebie. Not only that, I received some extra pinhead crickets with them too. Good packing also. Thanks Kelly Swift!

7. zurgie

zurgie Arachnopeon

I received five Ts from Kelly last month (one freebie) and they're all doing great! Easy communication, fast affordable shipping, and great prices. Very pleased!

8. Tim Benzedrine

Tim Benzedrine Prankster Possum Arachnosupporter

Positive!

My second shipment I have received from Swift's was as expected. I've already done a detailed unboxing review upthread, so I don't think repeating that is necessary. It was well packed, just as my previous order had been. It was a small order, simply an A. geniculata which a friend purchased to replace the one I lost to a bad moult, a dune scorpoin freebie, and a vial of small mealworms to get me started.
    The genic had managed to squirm its way out if the protective paper-towel it was coddled in, but that says more about the determination of the spider than it does about the packing method. It was kind of still when i popped the lid and found it there, which gave me pause. but it was fine after I gently nudged it into it's deli-cup. Again, this was through no fault of the packing and even if it had been, it was no big deal. The order was shipped 2nd day, so the spider had a good while to accomplish the stunt.

The dune scorpion was well protected, wrapped in paper towel and and placed in a small deli cup. The scorp was plenty lively and attacked the tongs I was using to unwrap it. Proving it was no worse for the wear after its journey either. And making me wonder how in the world does a person wrap a scorpion in paper towel in the first place?
    the only thing I was nervous about was that Fed Ex delivered it pretty close to the 8:00 PM wire, and I did worry about the package being in a truck from 9 o'clock that morning. This of course has absolutely nothing to do with Swifty, you choose second day, you takes your chances. Kelly does all he can at his end to ensure your risk is minimal.

In summary, Swift's Invertebrates is now 2 for 2 in my book, so thanks, Kelly!

• Like Like x 2
  9. G. pulchra

G. pulchra Arachnogod Old Timer

An Excellent Experience

I ordered the following T's from Kelly, with a few of them not being very common in the hobby:

Psednocnemis brachyramosa
    Metriopelma sp.Venezuela
    Metrioplema sp.Carabobo
    Avicularia minatrix
    Chaetopelma olivaceum

Kelly was great to talk with when I asked a few questions. He shipped out exactly when promised, and upon opening up the box I was very pleased. Everything was packed perfectly (no exaggeration...) and the T's were extremely healthy.

Kelly is definitely recommended!!

10. Swift's Invertebrates is Fantastic!!!

I ordered three Aphonopelma hentzi spiderlings, which arrived in immaculate condition! (He also included another A. hentzi as a freebie!) The packaging is among the best, if not the best, that I've seen. The communication about ordering the spiders and about the shipment was fantastic. Mr. Swift runs a professional and highly responsible business. His prices are reasonable, and his stock of invertebrates is top notch. I would not hesitate buying from him again, and I fully recommend him for quality invertebrates. Keep up the good work Mr. Swift! :clap:

11. spiderbesideher

spiderbesideher Arachnosquire

100% positive! I ordered a B. smithi, E. campestratus and a freebie of a P. murinus in January. Great email communication, and excellent shipping - I picked two day shipping but it arrived a day early. Unfortunately the B. smithi did not survive the trip. Although officially Swift only provides live arrival guarantee with overnight, when I told him about the dearly departed, he said he wanted to offer me a complimentary replacement of the same with my next order. Top notch! The E. campestratus and P. murinus are thriving and quite the little beauties. Definitely a repeat order to come soon!

12. Pennywise

Pennywise Arachnolord Old Timer

Positive
    Yep 100% Kelly did everything he possibly could to help me with the order
    and even followed up with a phone call with additional info on items.
    If you want rare spiders like heteropoda boiei or heteropoda davidbowie,
    or other inverts. you can't go wrong with Kelly Swift.
    :cool:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  13. CJPeter

CJPeter Arachnopeon

100% positive. Just placed my third order. Excellent response, fast shipping, beyond excellent packing. All of my "kids" arrived alive and healthy.
    Couldn't ask for more from a vendor!

14. Psyrocke

Psyrocke Arachnopeon

MA
    A+

100% POSITIVE. Kelly helped me by giving me advice and experience after I contacted him even before purchase. Then great communication after purchase, quick and reliable and even included a little sling and a follow up with how to take care of it. Could not have asked for a better first purchase experience!

Thank you!

15. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

100% POSITIVE

As always, another shipment that was perfectly packed, even some extra freebies, and TINY freebie crickets that I will definitely need for 2 of the freebies! As always, Kelly is a great businessman.

16. Grasshopper99

Grasshopper99 Arachnobaron Classifieds User

Positive of course!

After receiving my first box from Kelly, I'm asking myself why i didn't order sooner! Great service (he's very helpful). A lot of care was taken to seal the package, and my T slings and Pede were in great condition! Already planning my next transaction. Thanks :)

17. MrDeranged

MrDeranged He Who Rules Staff Member

Swift's Invertebrates new reviews can be found here.