1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Swift's Invertebrates (www.swiftinverts.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by Matt, Jul 18, 2002.

1. johns

johns Arachnoknight Old Timer

Advertisement
    Positive

have to agree with the the rest of the folks in thinking Kelly(Swifty) does nothing short of spectacular in his packaging, response time to E-mail, etc... I saved up for approximately 6 months to order 12 Heteropeda sp. Malaysian Orange huntsman spiderlings, and here's what he did for me:
    Answered everyone of my questions, in a knowledgeable, friendly manner.

Assured me that I was capable of rearing these lightning bolts, as I have a brain injury, and I'm kinda clumsy, sometimes.

Gave me 7.5 dram vials to house the spiderlings, which is great, because I have about 6 pill spiderling vials with great big nail holes in them, and those won't do at all, no sir!:D Only the best for those little animals o' mine...;)

Plus, he saved me from having to go through the positively nail-biting experience of rehousing these speed mommas< they teleport> , so I won't have to move them til they're three times that size, which I can't thank him enough for...

Offered to let me purchase<as long as I pay shipping> vials of microcrickets til my lovelies grow out and need them no more.

Gave me a FREE!!:} :} spiderling, which he didn't have to do- I sent him a cashier's check ,$30, and he sent me a gentle letter explaining I had errediin my calculation, and that while I ordered a certain amount of spiderlings... well.. he's a very standup guy is all I can say.

It seems he intuitively knew how to deal nonconfrontationally with a brain injury, and that is extremely important, especially when you run an online business, and you may think this person has language skills up above average, but in reality is quite stifled and locked in..

Thanks, Kelly.:)

2. MR.SMITH

MR.SMITH Arachnopeon

EXCELLENT= KELLY SWIFT

Positive
    I am sad that I waited so long to order anything from Kelly Swift. Like others have already said, Kelly Swift is one of the most friendly people I have the pleasure of dealing with. I told him about a certain spider I was looking for, and to my amazment he threw in three of them, plus little tiny crickets at NO CHARGE!!!!!!!
    This floored me! The package arrived so quickly I think Kelly jumped into his car, and drove to Illinois to deliver it. I didn't see him do this, but I suspect that's what happened since it arrived at Lightning speed!

Mr. Smith also likes Kelly's website very much.
    Very cool photographs, and info.
    I used information from his website and saved a very,
    very sick and almost dead Citharischius crawshayi tarantula.
    This spider would have surely died if I had not used the info from his website.

I will continue to purchase Invertebrates from Kelly Swift.

MR. SMITH
    WWW.12GAUGE-TARANTULA.COM;P

3. minax

minax Arachnoknight Old Timer

Kelly Swift admirer!

Positive

I guess i'm another Kelly Swift fan! I have dealt with a lot of dealers/breeders over the years; I think Kelly is one of the best there is. I consider him a good friend but, he treats everyone equally special! I know he does inverts. because he cares, not to make a killing. This attitude of profit before all has hurt the reptile trade immensely. And Mr. Swift is at the front of the cap. breeding movement in inverts., The only hope for our "hobby" is obviously captive breeding efforts, and Mr. Swift has done a lot to make this possible. If I'm going to purchase a Invert. , Swift's will be my choice! His knowledge has made it possible that I have not lost one sling to whatever,and his great healthy slings are most of the reason!

4. happymeal

happymeal Arachnopeon

nc
    Positive

Kelly Swift is the only person that I have dealt with online. I have ordered from him several time, and it's the same way everytime easy ordering and fast delivery. He also gets back to you quick to let you know your order has shipped. Great prices is a plus. Also he always sends a freebie!! . I will always order from swiftinverts

5. Positive

I'd just like to say that Swift's Invertebrates has to be the best dealer out there. Quick, courteous and informative emails are what to expect. Also, the prices are great! I just got my two G. pulchra slings, and I opened the package, and to my suprise....a free tarantula! Chilean Copper! Perfect for me, a beginner, which he knew . :D Not only that, but he threw in a vial of pinhead crickets for free, which I wouldn't find anywhere around here locally! This has to be the smoothest transaction over the internet I've ever done. I definately recommend him! You have to love the suprises! Thanks Kelly!

-LT

6. krucz36

krucz36 Chelcirator Old Timer

Positive
    My first experience with Kelly was interesting...my order was mishandled on the website, and he did not get a proper alert...just a paypal payment! not knowing what was up he called right away on monday and figured everything out...including that i ordered a SUNTIGER and not an EARTHTIGER...heh
    i got three spiderlings (one freebie L. parahybana!), 32 lobster roaches and a vial of microcrix (like johns was talking about) the next day.
    Kelly's a great dealer and he'll always take care of ya.

7. jwb121377

jwb121377 Arachnoangel Arachnosupporter

Positive

I've placed two orders from Kelly and he is tops in customer service. Great e-mail contact, great packing, and ofcorse great freebies. I can't recommend him enough.

8. Gail

Gail Arachnopixie Old Timer

Positive

OK, so I may be "cheating" a little here since I have already posted a review about Kelly but I just HAVE to post again.
    I just received my latest order today and once again Kelly has gone above and beyond with fantastic animals, excellent packaging, free pinhead crickets and a wonderful freebie spider that was one I had considered buying anyway. The quality and service just cannot be beat IMO (not to mention that Kelly is just an all around nice guy) - I can't recommend Kelly enough. Anyone who wants top quality spiderlings NEEDS to order from Kelly Swift.

Gail

9. Theraphosa

Theraphosa Arachnoknight Old Timer

Positive

Kelly is a cool guy... I bought 3 spiderlings from him and I had a free curly hair and a lot of little cricket. now that is awesome.. :) hehe 4 spiderlings and crickets for $20... that's an awesome deal!

10. Mister Internet

Mister Internet Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :) Arachnosupporter

Swift's RAWKS!!

POSITIVE

First of all, can I just say that Kelly is one of the nicest guys I've ever dealt with. Very helpful and courteous over the phone. When I was inquiring about juvenile species of Scolopendra heros castaneiceps (which are basically impossible to find this time of year), he told me about an exceptional adult specimen he had. I ended up buying the adult S.h.c (FANTASTIC specimen... breathtaking), a Scolopendra viridis, and a Scolopdendra sp. "Eastern Bark Centipede". All arrived in PERFECT condition. To give you an idea of the packaging, the vials were all taped together, and settled in popcorn styrofoam. The sides, bottom, and top of the box were lined with perfectly sized and cut 1" think styrofoam sheets, with a heat pack at the bottom. I don't think Igloo could have done a better job. :)

Oh, my freebie was a baby Scolopendra morsitans, which is a very desireable pede, for those of us in the hobby. All arrived in PERFECT health, like I said, and items arrived overnight with ALL shipping details having been PERFECTLY executed by Kelly.

I don't do T's (yet), but I have no reason to doubt that he gives the any less special treatment. If my centipede order was any indication of how this guy does all his business, then I highly, highly, highly recommend him.

11. Immortal_sin

Immortal_sin Arachnotemptress Old Timer

Swifty rules!!!

POSITIVE

I ordered from Kelly and paid via paypal....fast, easy, and convenient. He was remarkably patient with all my emails, and questions too.
    Slings were packed PERFECTLY, I couldn't do a better job myself...and all arrived looking fine!
    I'd forgotten about the freebie, since this was my first order...so that was a nice surprise, along with the pinners, for feeding them.
    I will definately order from him again!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2002
  12. Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo Arachnoking Old Timer

Excellent!

POSITIVE

I have orderd twice. I have receive 2 perfectly packaged parcels. Sorry for the aliteration.

Barring species availability, Swifty is my number 1 choice for Tarantula purchases!

Big Dragonfly

13. Karen Doll

Karen Doll Arachnopeon

Positive

POSITIVE

Kelly from Swift Inverts was very professional, helpful, and yet wasn't dry (personality wise). Although I dealt with him only through e-mail, he came across to me as someone who is warm and dedicated, and wasn't just in for the money (which really does make a difference to me). Before ordering from Swift, I had an unpleasant experience with another dealer who had sent me a tarantula that was in it's pre-molt stage and arrived sickly. The sick T had arrived in a box that was not labeled Fragile, did not have an enclosed heater pack, and my apt. # on the outside of the box was written wrong. The sick T died a week later from getting stuck in a molt. I don't blame the dealer but it was upsetting that the dealer didn't seem to be very helpful when I asked him for some advice during the time when the T was still alive but sick. So anyway, after that upsetting incident I decided to give Swift Inverts a try! Ordering from Swift was a piece of cake (used Pay Pal method)! The T's arrive the next day (Airborne and worth the extra charge) in a box that said Fragile (my address was written correctly too). Inside the box were my T's (including a freebie), a heater pack to keep them warm, and some feeder crickets. After I transfered them to their new homes, I couldn't wait to feed them (I know, I know I should have waited)! But nevertheless, later that night both spiderlings ate and the next day, I fed my baby E.Murinus. They all ate! I couldn't be happier! They arrived safely, just before Christmas, and are all very, very, very Healthy! Thanks Kelly for being my Arachnid Santa! For anyone who hasn't tried out Swift Inverts, please do! Oddly enough, the whole experience from ordering to waiting for my delivery was just Fun! I felt like a 5 year old kid again! Merry Christmas everyone and thanks Kelly.

Karen Doll

Last edited: Dec 20, 2002
  14. Bob the thief

Bob the thief Arachnoknight

Postive , very!

POSITIVE

Kelly swift is the best guy around for buying inverts, everytime I ordered from him all I have gotten are quality animals . He trys his best to please his coustomers and is avalable whenever you need him

In fact the only reason I sometimes dont order from him is becuase of a animal he does not have .
    =D

15. Tim R.

Tim R. Arachnobaron Old Timer

POSITIVE

POSITIVE

What can you say about Kelly Swift that has'nt been said? I love buying from him, the animals are perfect, packing is superb, and the service is Great, and hey who does'nt like the standard Freebie with every order????? I do=D Thanks Kelly
    Tim Robbins

16. Maggie

Maggie Arachnosquire Old Timer

Positive

POSITIVE

My spiderlings came packaged very well and in good health. I even got a Mexican Blonde spiderling that i had been wanting.
    Good person to do business with!

17. caligulathegod

caligulathegod Arachnodeity Old Timer

positive

POSITIVE

I had great service. Can't recommend Swifts enough. Got an adorable Greenbottle Blue and a Honduran Curly Hair (freebie-gotta love that). It's very cold here in Ohio so I made sure to be home for the delivery. They were well packaged and the spiders very secure(vials with packed peat and moistened paper towel).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2003
  18. rapunzel

rapunzel Arachnodemon Old Timer

POSITIVE

POSITIVE

i ordered a b smithi spiderling from Swifts, used paypal, great prices, very easy to do.He was very prompt and sent an email letting me know when he shipped, when to expect the package, and gave me the tracking number, URL, and phone number to Airborne so I could follow it online if I wanted to. Airborne didnt deliver my T on Friday like they were supposed to, and told me on the phone that it wouldnt be delivered until Monday. Kelly was very easy to talk with, assured me that he would replace the tarantula if it didnt survive,told me not to give up on it. When my package arrived today, i didnt expect the spiderlings to have survived a weekend of twenty degree weather in a shipping warehouse...but, and i credit this only to Kelly Swifts remarkable packing ability...they were ALIVe..the b. smithi and the freebie curly! The packaging was fabulous..styrofoam, shredded paper, small wrapped container, and vials inside with the tarantulas that also had papertoweling in them..also a "just in case" vial of tiny tiny tiny mealworms...even they made it!
    I am very pleased with his service, and have no problem adding this post to the PAGES of great reviews he has here.

19. pategirl

pategirl Arachnoangel Old Timer

POSITIVE

What else can be said? The service I received upon ordering from Swift's was perhaps the best I've had. I ordered two tarantulas, both of which were priced very fairly, and they were both very securely packaged and in outstanding condition. Kelly Swift was very patient and responded to every one of my questions about the spiders I ordered, and the ones I thought about ordering. I had a very pleasant experience dealing with him, and I definately plan to do so again in the near future.

20. Tarantula Lover

Tarantula Lover Psalmopoeus Lover Old Timer

Positive!
    Kelly Swift is the BEST invert dealer! I recieved healthy and fine-looking specimens! I recieved the following:
    10 B.albopilosun
    1 P.irminia
    1 C.faciatum
    2 P.cambrigie
    1 A.geniculata
    1 C.cyaneopubescens

I also recieved a FREEBIE!!! A Costa Rican Zebra (A.seemanni)! I will always order from him! Packed perfectly! He also added micro crickets for the small ones! Just in case... If you want to buy a fine looking tarantula swifts is NUMBER 1!!! Thanks Kelly!

James