Survey!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Years Of Experience: 1 year and 2 months
Ts In Collection: 34 (38 from Friday)
Escapes: 1 - 1" N. incei bolted out of its enclosure and took a suicide dive off of the shelf, found it chilling on the skirting board 5 mins later.
Times Bitten: 0
% Of OWs Vs. NW Ts: I have 30 NW and 4 OW specimens so 12% of my collection are OW, I have 4 more NWs coming Friday so it'll be 10.5% OWs then
Extra Info: I cannot be killed by conventional weapons.

Last edited:

starnaito

Arachnosquire
Years Of Experience: Coming up on 1 year in August.

Ts In Collection (ordered by purchase date):
  • Adult female Grammostola poteri named Winter
IMG_20170427_195850_150.jpg
  • Juvenile Grammostola pulchripes (suspect male) called Nine
IMG_20170720_141621_980.jpg
  • Unsexed sling Grammostola pulchra named Shadow
IMG_20170630_123130_239.jpg
  • Adult female Euthalus sp. red/yellow named Spark
IMG_20170722_132612_220.jpg
Escapes: None yet.
Times Bitten: None yet.
% Of OWs Vs. NW Ts: All NW

Extra Info:
I'm not brave enough to take on any OW Ts yet. The next two on my want list are A. geniculata and C. versicolor. I prefer not to handle my Ts, but have handled my rosie a few times. My Euthalus is still in recovery mode from a stressful previous home where she wasn't well cared for, but hopefully she'll come around when she feels better. Also, out of curiosity, does anyone else name their Ts?

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Awesome replies, guys, particularly the extra information, love the undies info, it correlates with T keeping so elegantly.

I name all of my Ts unless they turn out to be males then the name gets taken and applied to a female of the same species which I will promptly order for a breeding pair.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Years Of Experience: Coming up on 1 year in August.

Ts In Collection (ordered by purchase date):
  • Adult female Grammostola poteri named Winter
  • Juvenile Grammostola pulchripes (suspect male) called Nine
  • Unsexed sling Grammostola pulchra named Shadow
  • Adult female Euthalus sp. red/yellow named Spark
Escapes: None yet.
Times Bitten: None yet.
% Of OWs Vs. NW Ts: All NW

Extra Info:
I'm not brave enough to take on any OW Ts yet. The next two on my want list are A. geniculata and C. versicolor. I prefer not to handle my Ts, but have handled my rosie a few times. My Euthalus is still in recovery mode from a stressful previous home where she wasn't well cared for, but hopefully she'll come around when she feels better. Also, out of curiosity, does anyone else name their Ts?
All but two of mine are named (because they're too young and I can't think of any proper unisex names). Only one isn't named after a character in anime

starnaito

Arachnosquire
All but two of mine are named (because they're too young and I can't think of any proper unisex names). Only one isn't named after a character in anime
I name mine based on something do to with when I got them. Nine is my anime one. I was re-watching Zankyou no Terror when he was delivered. XD

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I name mine based on something do to with when I got them. Nine is my anime one. I was re-watching Zankyou no Terror when he was delivered. XD
Nice! I have yet to watch that one, but it's on my list. Maybe I'll watch it after my boyfriend and I finish re-watching Roruni Kenshin. Right now, the majority of my Ts are named after Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but I've got one from Tokyo Ghoul, and a few names ready for some species that I'm definitely not ready for yet :rofl:

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
I name mine after stuff that interests me...

GBB-Lucy, the movie was amazing and so is the mind bending psychedelic which changed my world view and redefined my life.

OBT-Trinity, the matrix, another good movie, also mind bending and makes you think.

P. Vittatta-Daenerys, Game Of Thrones, I read the books, watched the show, love it!

P. Muticus-Omnia, one of my favorite bands, they're very unusual but I love em for it.

I need a T to name after a Star Wars character as I'm pretty into that as well.

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Years Of Experience: 2 years
Ts In Collection: 27
Escapes: 1 (rehouse mishap with my Tapi, found 15 minutes later)
% Of OWs Vs. NW Ts: 22% OW (6) vs 78% NW (21)
Extra Info: This is actually my SECOND T collection. I'm in my 30s now, but when I was in middle and high school, I had a few Ts. I think the largest my collection got was 4 when I had an Avic avic sling, 2 MF G. porteri, and a B. hamorii sling. Like a lot of the exotics I had back in the day, I sold them off before moving across the country for college, except for one of my G. porteri. She died from old age about 11 years ago when I was finishing up with undergrad.

I do name all my Ts, though we'll see how long I'll continue that practice. I name them more for my fiancee's benefit as much as my own and even she's starting to lose track. Most of mine are named after characters from GoT (see my profile for a full list)

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
I name mine after stuff that interests me...

GBB-Lucy, the movie was amazing and so is the mind bending psychedelic which changed my world view and redefined my life.

OBT-Trinity, the matrix, another good movie, also mind bending and makes you think.

P. Vittatta-Daenerys, Game Of Thrones, I read the books, watched the show, love it!

P. Muticus-Omnia, one of my favorite bands, they're very unusual but I love em for it.

I need a T to name after a Star Wars character as I'm pretty into that as well.
You guys are giving me really good ideas for T names ahhhhhhhhhh the temptations :banghead::arghh:

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Years Of Experience: 6 months
Ts In Collection: 7 (C. cyaneopubescens, G. pulchripes x3, P. sazimai, A. geroldi, P. fasciata)
Escapes: 0
% Of OWs Vs. NW Ts: Almost 10% OW 90% NW (I suck at math :p)
Extra Info: Looking to get 2 more in the next week or 2 (B. boehemi or baumgarteni and N. incei)

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Years Of Experience:
Less than one
Ts In Collection:
Avicularia avicularia (juvie, suspected female)
Acanthoscurria geniculata (sling, hopefully female)
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (sling)
Aphonopelma seemani (subadult, no idea on gender, current enclosure makes vent pics difficult)
Escapes:
Aphonopelma seemani: came in to the lid of the old enclosure having fallen in and found the T a few minutes later in my doorway. Suspected baby earthquake shook lid enough to move it. No longer a possibility.
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens: got angry about a mealworm and raced onto the edge of enclosure where he threat postured and told me he'd shank me if i gave him another.

% Of OWs Vs. NW Ts: 100% NewWorld

Extra Info: also have a jumping spider and four of her babies. Theatre technician/actor, amateur photographer (not T-related, instagram is the_photographer020 (some dark stuff, obligatory trigger warning)), soon to be acquiring a Psalmopoeus cambridgei, almost 21 still living with parents because of financial issues. Also my snapchat frequently features my tarantulas, username is joshm018 if anyone is interested.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Very good to see all of these smart cookies who have not been bitten. This would suggest responsible keeping. Good show :)

cold blood

Staff member
Nice! I have yet to watch that one, but it's on my list. Maybe I'll watch it after my boyfriend and I finish re-watching Roruni Kenshin. Right now, the majority of my Ts are named after Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but I've got one from Tokyo Ghoul, and a few names ready for some species that I'm definitely not ready for yet :rofl:
I'm not sure I live on the same planet as you. o_O

Leila

Arachnobaron
All of mine are named.
Gatsby, Zoe, Yeva, Koemi, Nalle, Scout, Tyrion, Nicoli, and Flash. :cat: